Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Files won't transfer to reader

Hello! I just got a Sony PRS 505, and I'm having trouble transferring downloaded epub files to my reader.

I downloaded them (they're public domain google books) via the Sony ebookstore, and they show up in my library just fine, but when I try to transfer (dragging and dropping like the user guide says) them to my reader, they simply don't. There's no error message or anything, they just won't transfer. When I click on 'status' it shows "0 of 1 files transferred." The reader *is* authorized to my account, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no matter what I do, it just doesn't work.

Does anyone know what to do? Thank you. ^^
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I'm not real savvy but will give it a shot since I do transfer epubs to my 505. Do you have Adobe Digital Editions destop software installed? Maybe you can add them to your Adobe library and transfer from there. If you have the epubs saved to your C drive maybe you can open the C drive on your Sony library directory and drag/drop to your reader from there.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Ah, thank you! I got it sorted out, it turns out it was user error (I was trying to read epubs, but hadn't installed the firmware update I needed, which I didn't *know* I needed because I was using a Mac and so on...) But thank you very much for trying to help! ^^
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote