Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
coffee792
coffee792 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Calibre removes files when I add new files

Hi

I have a Kobo Aura and its fine for most pdf files but occasionally it removes pdf files when I press 'send to device' on new pdf's. It seems to happen with my professors slides, and class documents. I get by only having a few class documents on my kobo at a time, but, wonder if someone has a solution. Please ask if you need clarification.
coffee792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The only time Calibre should remove files is if you use the remove from device button.

If your set template is really lame, you will REPLACE, because it has the same pattern
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Remove from where? Like theducks, I assume you mean on the device. And most cases I have seen of this has been because the save template was set in such a way that it generated the same file name and path for several books. If you show use the template, we can see if that is it.

There are some reasons replacing a book on a Kobo device can disappear. Or seem to. When it detects changes, it processes the book and puts it in its internal database. But, if the book is already in the database and the size has changed, it removes the book from the database completely and processes it as a new book. Some older versions of the firmware would completely remove the book from the device. But, I don't think any firmware version that has gone to the Aura did this. To workaround this problem, the KoboTouch driver in calibre updates the database with the new file size when it is sent to the device. This was fixed in calibre a long time ago, so unless you are running a very old version, it should be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, removes, send to device