Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Epub to Mobi - text in table

Hi guys. I'm trying to convert an epub file to mobi with Calibre. I also tried online conversion and got the same result so I guess it is the file.

The result is that the text is in visible borders. The problem is not the bad display but that the text goes out of the page borders and is cut in mid-letter.

I tried a different settings, and got a slightly better result, but not ideal. I chose unwrap lines. Is there a way to improve the file? I can upload it somewhere (if it is not against rules), for someone to take a look.
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Linearize tables
Some badly designed documents use tables to control the layout of text on the page. When converted these documents often have text that runs off the page and other artifacts. This option will extract the content from the tables and present it in a linear fashion. Note that this option linearizes all tables, so only use it if you are sure the input document does not use tables for legitimate purposes, like presenting tabular information.
Not idea but I think it fixed it. Will transfer now to see if any text is out of the page.
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub to mobi, epub to mobi conversion