Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
Quasii
Quasii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Why Does Calibre Send Me Yesterdays Paper?

Hi Peoples,

This is my first post, on the forum (from which I have found many helpfull answers already - so many thanks!) and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on why Calibre insist on sending me Yesterdays news paper.

Allow me to fill in the details -

I am using a Mac and I have a Kindle 3.
I set up Calibre 0.7.44 to download The Age (an Australian paper) at 6am
I set my myaddress@free.kindle.com to auto send

I sat back and waited with glee for my paper each morning...

Now what happens is that kindle ends up with the same paper that I got yesterday, when I check my computer it has downloaded the right paper, but for some reason sent me the old one?

If anyone could make any suggestions I would be forever indebted.
Quasii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its possible your kindle is putting the new papaer into the archived items by mistake, look in there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Quasii
Quasii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Thanks for you help,

But I have since discovered that calibre is sending me the right Paper, but the kindle's date is a day behind so the paper is tagged with yesterdays date.

So now I just need to work out how to fix the date on my kindle and everything is perfect.
Quasii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
alison87
alison87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
This is exactly the same problem i am having but in reverse - you are ahead of GMT so you get yesterday's date, i am behind GMT so i get tomorrow's date. My initial testing shows this only happens when you sync via the free.kindle.com email address - it doesn't happen when you sync via USB. I believe this is still a timestamping problem on the MOBI that Calibre generates, but i haven't had time to fully test it yet. See here and my other linked thread for more discussion.

Last edited by alison87; 02-08-2011 at 09:20 PM.
alison87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autosend, calibre, kindle, newspapers