Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Mongo
Mongo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Red face Wif conectability to WPA/WAPA2 PSK

When I try to connect to my wireless network it finds the network emmediatly with a strong signal and indicating a lock.
It goes to the Log in page where it displays the password box.

It also displays a note that states "XXXXX network" requires a WPA /WPA2 pasword what ever that means.

When I enter the password enter the password and hit jion it hinks for awhile then comes up with an error message "The network "XXXXXnet work" requires a WPA/WPA2 password

It then progresses to a network error page and tells me to try again.

I use an apple airport express wireless router and a new HP tower. Reader works hooked via usb connection.

Appreciate any help - I am not a gadget guy.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Putting in any complex password on a Kobo can be tricky due to the on-screen keyboard. It's possible that you're mis-typing the password and not even realizing it.

I use WPA2 PSK on my Touch and have no problems... but I'll admit it took me a few tries to get the password right.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
WPA2/PSK is a type of algorithm used to access your network. It was chosen by the person who setup your router (instead of choosing WEP which is weaker)

Quote:
It also displays a note that states "XXXXX network" requires a WPA /WPA2 pasword what ever that means.
Yes make sure you entered the exact case sensitive password. Also you may have a mac address limitation implemented by the firewall of your router, in which case you'll need to ask your router first to allow your device on the network. Your mac address can be found in the settings of your reader. If you are not sure how this works, talk to whoever set up your router to help. Good luck

Last edited by Quexos; 12-01-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote