Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
New 5 inch Firmware Upgrade set for March 12

Dear All:

After recovering from wounds inflicted in a severe beating by staff, the Project Manager has stated that the new 5 inch Firmware Upgrade WILL be on our website Friday (March 12)! He is expected to survive!

The same upgrade for the 6 inch EZ Reader Basic is still estimated to be up and ready on Wednesday, March 17.

God willing, these upgrades will enormously help FB2 and .LIT. WE have tested it; but your opinions are wanted after you do the Firmware Upgrade!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Wow, it was fast (i expected it around end of March). Glad that we can test it tomorrow and see how it works
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Waiting.....
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Waiting.....
It's still the 11th in the US!
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
If .lit works well you will be my bestest friend Robert
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Waiting.....
Now here is a face I havent seen about here for a while.

I am patiently waiting for the firmware upgrade. I can see it now if the firmware isn't posted on time - an angry mobileread forum mob with burning sticks and pitchforks chasing after the PM
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Robertb, as of 0800 hrs Friday (Central Time) there is an error on the upload page. Hopefully it will be fixed as soon as your techs wake up in Pacific time (for those not familiar with US time zones, Pacific time is 2 hours earlier, i.e., they are at 0600 right now.)

If anyone has gotten through, let us know.......

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
If the PM survived the beating, you aren't doing it right.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Robertb, as of 0800 hrs Friday (Central Time) there is an error on the upload page. Hopefully it will be fixed as soon as your techs wake up in Pacific time (for those not familiar with US time zones, Pacific time is 2 hours earlier, i.e., they are at 0600 right now.)

If anyone has gotten through, let us know.......

AJ
It has been that way since early afernoon of 3/12 Taiwan time. +8 GMT. It is now just after midnight of the 13th, +8GMT.

Simply ridiculous that a company that relies so much on Internet presence puts up with incompetence by a single individual. Go back to the history of the 12/09 firmware posting, and you'll find this is par performance.

Absurd!
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If .LIT works well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
If .lit works well you will be my bestest friend Robert
Dear Phogg:

If .LIT works well I will also be my best friend. If it does not work well they will be burning me on MobileRead Forum!!

I pray that all goes well.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
Robertb

It is absurd... no argument!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
It has been that way since early afernoon of 3/12 Taiwan time. +8 GMT. It is now just after midnight of the 13th, +8GMT.

Simply ridiculous that a company that relies so much on Internet presence puts up with incompetence by a single individual. Go back to the history of the 12/09 firmware posting, and you'll find this is par performance.

Absurd!
Dear rxsx:

Agreed! Ridiculous, absurd, incompetant... all apply.

We are aware of the problem and we are contacting the firm that puts our Firmware Upgrades up.

ANYBODY... if you cannot wait... send an email to: support@astak.com and we will give you an FTP link to get this done.

I realize your frustration! I am frustrated also. Please realize that it was due to be posted next Monday. They rushed to get it up early.

Send an email and get the link!! In the meantime, we keep calling them and get no answer. We expect this fixed soon!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
Robertb

Burning sticks for PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Now here is a face I havent seen about here for a while.

I am patiently waiting for the firmware upgrade. I can see it now if the firmware isn't posted on time - an angry mobileread forum mob with burning sticks and pitchforks chasing after the PM
The PM is trying to actually get this done. Perahps a good burning would help him.

To be fair, he delegated the responsibility and that person is calling the outside company that gets our firmware upgrades posted. WHAT I want is a sense of URGENCY!!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The PM is trying to actually get this done. Perahps a good burning would help him.

To be fair, he delegated the responsibility and that person is calling the outside company that gets our firmware upgrades posted. WHAT I want is a sense of URGENCY!!

I know we all want the upgrade as soon as possible, but, REALLY, people, have some patience. It's not life or death!

I'd rather the IT guy get it done right, than hurry it along and we have problems.

Patience, people.......

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I show the software as available and am currently downloading it as I type.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I show the software as available and am currently downloading it as I type.

Don
I checked both sites. I don't see it? ACK!
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote