Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #136
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
Who check this on Touch, please reply here..
I used it on Touch: worked w/o any problem
tried these functions: copy, rename, delete, run kterm, run a sh, display an image, open ~txt files with leafpad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
1. When I tried to copy and move files, Kindle commit reboot.
2. At the completion of the playback text files the program exits.
3. In a text editor, no keyboard appears. I ran it by force, but instead of Cyrillic displayed Arabic script.
1- copy and paste it both in the same and different directory works ok. I don't know how to move a file? (apart from first copy then delete the older one )
2- it can display txt and image files w/o any problem
3- keyboard never missed
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #137
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Thanks thomass. I will index it right now then. saved me a job there.

Much obliged
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #138
Spine
Spine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
anakod,
Please add the "move" button
Spine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #139
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

INDEXED HERE

(also tested as fine on my 5.3.2 touch)

Last edited by twobob; 02-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #140
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I used it on Touch: worked w/o any problem
tried these functions: copy, rename, delete, run kterm, run a sh, display an image, open ~txt files with leafpad.

1- copy and paste it both in the same and different directory works ok. I don't know how to move a file? (apart from first copy then delete the older one )
2- it can display txt and image files w/o any problem
3- keyboard never missed
I wrote this about the old intermediate version. In the new version, everything is working properly. Only the lack of keyboard in a text editor, but it's probably the Problem firmware 5.0.0. I force a matchbox-keyboard, it works fine.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #141
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
I wrote this about the old intermediate version. In the new version, everything is working properly. Only the lack of keyboard in a text editor, but it's probably the Problem firmware 5.0.0. I force a matchbox-keyboard, it works fine.
I'm aware of that. I referred to your issues just to inform developers.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #142
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
him an Niluje have eloped
I poke my head in here now and then. I am just busier than normal lately... I trust you guys are taking up the slack in the tech support department okay, right?

I plan to develop some awesome new things, but not all with Kindles. VR will soon be a "big deal" again, but this time "for real".

And I have been experimenting with germanium and fresnel lens lately too (in what little "spare time" I can scrape together)...

I see that there have been some interesting new developments here lately. Someday, I will have some catching up to do on my reading here, and maybe I can contribute something new too.

For now, I just have a shiny new avatar image...

EDIT: I also added some Russian proverbs to my new avatar:
"Genius is simplicity" and "Generosity has no bounds".

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2013 at 05:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #143
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
For now, I just have a shiny new avatar image...
I also added some "success reports" to the simple debricking sticky.

I even stumbled over a success report WAY out of my normal territory (non-Kindle forum):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2417330

I wonder how many others are lurking in the bushes here or there...

I am sure there are many success reports that I missed by now. If you guys find any missing reports (including DX/DXG/K3/K4/K5/PW, and undemo reports) please PM me with links, so I can add them without burning time searching for them. Thanks.

... which reminds me, I have a TON of unread PMs to sort through, buried in more than 3,000 messages in my mailbox. Hmm... I must be "popular"!

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-28-2013 at 03:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #144
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
twobob, what news? Are there any ideas for the non-touch interface?
anakod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #145
twobob

Ideas? No. Now we have decided on a refactored interface that will require a fork I was waiting to see if you rolled out any NEW functionality in the short term...

Also I will have to port a terminal - I have been quietly attempting to get KTERM into some helpful service.

And a viewer... So Leafpad also need rebuilding... been working on that too.

So yeah.. background work. Nothing shiny to release for the end-user yet but the actual refactoring of the interface is the LEAST of my worries.

LOL. YOU'VE GOT THE EASY JOB! hehehehe.

If anyone fancies rebuilding kterm or leafpad using either the 2012.03 TC or the 2007q3 TC then I am DEFINITELY up for the help!!

currently drowning in "required details"...
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #146
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
if you rolled out any NEW functionality in the short term
I'm planning make Create folder/file buttons on this week.
I think here is no problems with merging branches. I don't plan any large changes in the near future.

Quote:
Also I will have to port a terminal
There is no working terminal?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #147
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
I'm planning make Create folder/file buttons on this week.
I think here is no problems with merging branches. I don't plan any large changes in the near future.

There is no working terminal?
Nothing that is ACTUALLY useful... I looked at myts.. and Joppyterm both not helpful for the job.

kterm REALLY needs rebuilding for the lower devices.. I did beg baf to do it but he is busy and uses the wrong toolchain as-standard (I have them bloody all)

yeah 2012.03 would probably do the job if NOT targeted at cortex-a8...

and 2007q3 CodeSourcery Toolchain would of course do the job.

You offering??? *get's excited*

Last edited by twobob; 03-05-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: a8
Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #148
anakod
Enthusiast

Quote:
You offering??? *get's excited*
I'm not a professional linux developer. I'm just try everything, until has not been able compile my program So I don't think what this is good idea to give me this task

It's better do what I know how - writing a good programs.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #149
anakod
Enthusiast

KindleExplorer can work without Leafpad & KTerm. But with the KTerm this is more useful
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #150
twobob

heh... thats what they all say...

Ill do it then