Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Can I get a .mobi file to open on the cover image?

I'm not very technically proficient. I can (just) convert a file to .mobi on Calibre, and I can add the cover.

The problem is that when I open the .mobi file on my Kindle it doesn't open at the cover. This really annoys me, and the only way I've figured to get around it is by adding the cover to the file, but then it doesn't come out full-sized.

Is there some way I can tell Calibre to open the .mobi at the cover, or, alternatively, make the cover full-sized in the word .doc before I convert it to html.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You can get a mobi to open to a page that has the cover image in it. But as you've discovered, that doesn't result in a full screen representation of the image (the image that's part of the metadata) on a Kindle.

You simply can't make a mobi that will open to the full screen (metadata embedded) cover image on a Kindle (the older ones anyway... that might change for the newer devices). That's a limitation of the reader software on the Kindle, not the mobi format itself. So nothing calibre could do can "fix" it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-17-2012 at 09:01 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote