Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurices5000 View Post
Thanks Ducks! I see my error. Ok that part if fixed.

I still don't get anything when I select the MOBI ebook and press the Embed metadata button.

I also tried doing the following

select MOBI book press ctrl + E then select MOBI and press OK.

On the main screen where I see my list of books, I don't see a pop up or a MOBI button to select, when i select the book I want to edit. There is no OK button either.

Ok, well if i don't select a book before clicking the Embed Metadata button, I get an error message. But I only get a pop up or dialog box (with MOBI in it) when i select the second option shown in the picture.

It doesn't give me the option to edit anything.
Edit the book title etc in Metadata Edit (select book, press 'E'), click OK when done. Now Embed Metadata in MOBI (select book, press ctrl/E), you'll get the Choose formats dialog box, select MOBI click OK.

Now you can email the MOBI

Have you watched the ==>> Calibre Video Tutorials.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-21-2014 at 06:49 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 AM   #17
maurices5000
Connoisseur
maurices5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks guys I watched the tutorial. I'll try sending it to my Kindle and see if it changes the Title. I tried Yahoo mail but it didn't work. I'll try gmail if the Kindle doesn't work.

Thanks very much! THis is still frustrating but since you guys are helping me, I'm enduring. I do appreciate it.
maurices5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #18
maurices5000
Connoisseur

Well i tried sending it to my device. It sent it to my device, but it did not change the title. So i guess I'll try the email idea again.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:00 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@maurices5000 - see attachment
  1. Starts with a MOBI named 'People Eating Cuddly Creatures' in the Mobipocket Reader
  2. I change the Title to 'People Eating Marsupials' in the calibre Metadata editor
  3. I run the Embed Metadata tool (ctrl/e), select the MOBI, and hit OK
  4. Ends with a MOBI named 'People Eating Marsupials' in the Mobipocket Reader

Now I can email the MOBI - but I don't use calibre's email facility, so I'll stop there

If that doesn't work then I must be misunderstanding what you're wanting to do.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	127133  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-22-2014 at 05:32 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #20
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
When you click "embed metadata" you won't get any progress bar or similar on the screen in most cases, as this is done so fast. Just try and when you open the book you will see that the metadata has been updated.
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #21
maurices5000
Connoisseur

Thanks very much! I'll give this a try. I was busy all weekend. I do appreciate it.