Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 02:05 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Landscape PDFs Send To Kindle seems to work better?

I seem to distinctly remember that if you sent a Landscape orientation PDF to Scribe and opened the (now in Print Replica format) document, the UI remained in Portrait and the document was rotated 90 degrees. So if you wanted to mark up a slide deck, it was sort of awkward.

Now, it automatically switches the UI to landscape to match the document orientation. The apps handle it the same way.

Same is true of PDF side loaded, but I have no memory of having tried it previously (FWIW ha).

It's been months since I even tried it, so I don't know when it changed, but it seems like worthy improvement, if long overdue. (there is still no 2-page-in-landscape option for portrait documents)

Unless of course it always did this.

If your Scribe is still on 5.16.7 or earlier, can you please check this?

If you don't want to risk update, you can side load PDF or ideally a Print Replica kfx made with Kindle Create (latest version is 1.85.0.0) and KFX Output calibre plugin CLI to convert the .kpf that KC outputs.

This is good news also if you wanted to create Notebooks in landscape, as you can use blank-page landscape PDF as a template without the awkwardness of having UI in the other orientation.

Last edited by tomsem; 04-07-2024 at 02:34 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote