Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
iBooks page turn problems

I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen. I have the latest version of iBooks. Sometimes when I am reading the pages will start turning back even though I am tapping the right side of the screen. It will do this for 4 or 5 pages and then start working correctly. It will work fine for 20 or 30 pages and then do it again. Am I the only one having this problem? It is very annoying. Any ideas how to fix it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I have this problem too on my iPad and iPhone, but it doesn't happen several times in a row. I think iBooks wants you to swipe to turn pages, and when you just tap it can get confused. When this happens I tap again, but in a slightly different place. Usually it works.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
If you go to settings, iBook, you can specify that a tap on either side turns the page forward (you swipe to turn back), I have this setting on, and have never had a problem.
Hope this helps.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Thanks for the replies. I changed the setting to page forward on left tap and it seems to be working. Thanks again.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Yes, I changed that setting too because I realized it would be useful to be able to turn pages even when I'm holding my iPhone in my left hand. Thank you for the tip Devon.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I have this problem too on my iPad and iPhone, but it doesn't happen several times in a row. I think iBooks wants you to swipe to turn pages, and when you just tap it can get confused. When this happens I tap again, but in a slightly different place. Usually it works.

Apple claims that a tap is a zero length swipe.. so by that definition, it shouldn't matter right?
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote