Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
romansev
romansev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Angry kindle trouble :(

hello ewerybody

I get now my new kindle. I copyed there my books and documents and I wanted to create the corresponding collections. According the help, there should be a menu item in the home window called "create collection". But there is no such item. What shall I do???
romansev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Have you registered the Kindle yet with Amazon? I seem to remember reading somewhere that a Kindle has to be registered with Amazon before you can create collections.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's correct. Register your Kindle and the "Create a New Collection" item will appear on the menu.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
It happened to me too. You need turn on your Wifi or 3G, depending on what type of Kindle you bought, then go in the Menu-->Settings-->Registration-->Register.
You'll be asked for your amazon account email and password... and you'll be registered!
If you don't have an account with amazon, you'll need to make one

Welcome to MR!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, kindle