Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Wells, H.G.: An H.G. Wells Novel Omnibus, V3, 07/05/2014

This Omnibus of Wells work includes:

1. The Time Machine
2. The Island of Dr. Moreau
3. The Invisible Man
4. The War of the Worlds
5. When the Sleeper Wakes
6. The First Men in the Moon
7. The Food of the Gods
8. In the Days of the Comet

763 previous downloads (Ver.1)

I cleaned up the TOC a bit and gave it a better cover.

303 previous views (Ver.2)

With thanks to Pynch for help fixing the errors.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	124949  
Attached Files
File Type: epub An H.G. Wells Novel Omnibus - H.G. Wells.epub (1.27 MB, 575 views)

Last edited by crich70; 07-05-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Book file didn't work right on some readers
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Alas, this file crashes my PRS 505 - epubcheck reports 137 errors with the file...

guess I'll stick to the individual books
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I recently ran the omnibus through FlightCrew and it has a number of errors that do have problems with older ADE versions such as in the 505. I suggest these be fixed as I have nominated War of the Worlds for this month's book club.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've recently discovered this issue. This book kept making my 505 play magic roundabout then going to a blank screen and restarting the ereader, losing several bookmarks. Ho Hum...
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
This Omnibus of Wells work includes:

1. The Time Machine
2. The Island of Dr. Moreau
3. The Invisible Man
4. The War of the Worlds
5. When the Sleeper Wakes
6. The First Men in the Moon
7. The Food of the Gods
8. In the Days of the Comet
Are you ever going to fix the errors that can cause some readers to have issues with this?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you ever going to fix the errors that can cause some readers to have issues with this?
I'm not sure how to do so. The only ereader I myself have is Kindle keyboard so I have no way of testing if whatever is causing the error has been fixed even if I knew where to start. My ebook building knowledge is confined to the use of Sigil and Calibre to build and convert.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'd start by opening it in Sigil and making sure it validates. If the epub is valid, you could always blame the reader
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote