Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Can I load a google book into my Nook?

I'm new so I apologize for asking such a stupid question. Is there a way to load a google book onto my Nook? I don't think its available from Barnes and Noble.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
as long as it's in epub format, you sure can
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
If Google Books has it in EPUB, you should be able to get it from B&N. Some Google Books are only available in raw-scan PDF, in which case you'd have to get them from Google. But then you have to deal with the NOOK's poor PDF handling, which probably can be characterized as abysmal for scan-type PDFs.

For EPUBs, Google Books tend to be rather poor quality, with lots of OCR errors. You might want to check out Feedbooks, Manybooks, BeBook, or Project Gutenberg first.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
If Google Books has it in EPUB, you should be able to get it from B&N. Some Google Books are only available in raw-scan PDF, in which case you'd have to get them from Google. But then you have to deal with the NOOK's poor PDF handling, which probably can be characterized as abysmal for scan-type PDFs.

For EPUBs, Google Books tend to be rather poor quality, with lots of OCR errors. You might want to check out Feedbooks, Manybooks, BeBook, or Project Gutenberg first.
not forgetting the mobileread library ... see links in my signature line ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote