Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Sony Visa card offer for $60 reader - 1 per customer, more = trouble

It looks like Sony wants to go after people that got more than one reader at this low price....

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...d1=sony+reader
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Even though I only have 2 readers on hand, I've ordered a total of 5 readers... and I'm sure I will have no problems.

Before ordering numbers 2-5, I called customer service and asked about getting more than one. They said that as long as each order was made with a different name, it's not problem. I even made sure to clarify that the other names live at the same address I'm at, and they said it was fine. I immediately signed up my three younger brothers for Sony Cards as well as my aunt. 5 orders, 5 different names.

As far as that link is concerned, it seems like a mistake. During the numerous checkouts I've done for all those readers I ordered, I noticed that anything more than just one unit would come up at full price. That guy thought he got lucky, but I guess Sony caught up with him. Can't fault him for trying though...
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Yeah, I think your situation is totally different, since technically each of your friends and family is ordering 1 reader each. The guy in the Fatwallet forum bought multiple units with his single account. The discount showed up on his subsequent order(s), even though it shouldn't have.

It would be nice to get the additional discounted units, but I really don't understand when people get all worked up and talk about lawsuits or credit card disputes when it's obviously the merchant made a pricing mistake, and is trying to remedy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
Even though I only have 2 readers on hand, I've ordered a total of 5 readers... and I'm sure I will have no problems.

Before ordering numbers 2-5, I called customer service and asked about getting more than one. They said that as long as each order was made with a different name, it's not problem. I even made sure to clarify that the other names live at the same address I'm at, and they said it was fine. I immediately signed up my three younger brothers for Sony Cards as well as my aunt. 5 orders, 5 different names.

As far as that link is concerned, it seems like a mistake. During the numerous checkouts I've done for all those readers I ordered, I noticed that anything more than just one unit would come up at full price. That guy thought he got lucky, but I guess Sony caught up with him. Can't fault him for trying though...
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote