Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Not a clue here.

But I do notice your info block says your using 5.3.6 on your Kindle.

You might try 5.3.4 or maybe even 5.3.5 and see if the problems change or go away.

ixtab reported having files corrupted when he first tried 5.3.6 and
and I have a Kpw that was running 5.3.6 and had a corrupted screensaver file.

Corrupted enough to 'fake' a broken screen Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,

I installed 5.3.4 and apparently the date issue returned to normal: by default, the timezone data shows 03:00, which is normal.

Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
akikara
Enthusiast
akikara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Set DateTime from Server
The attachments here have a *.json file that does not work with the version-2 series of the kual launcher.
This means if we have kual 2.2 can not run this extension, right? If so how to run on kual v2.2?
akikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akikara View Post
This means if we have kual 2.2 can not run this extension, right? If so how to run on kual v2.2?
It's just a matter of removing a comma from menu.json:
Code:
 {"name": "Set DateTime from Server", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/ntpdate.sh"}, <--remove this
Open in a unix-friendly text editor and remove the comma from the end of the above line.

Or get the file from the link in the OP:
https://bitbucket.org/knc1/kualettes...7977d/ntpdate/
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
It's just a matter of removing a comma from menu.json:
Code:
 {"name": "Set DateTime from Server", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/ntpdate.sh"}, <--remove this
Open in a unix-friendly text editor and remove the comma from the end of the above line.

Or get the file from the link in the OP:
https://bitbucket.org/knc1/kualettes...7977d/ntpdate/
Thanks.

So much nicer than just pointing the person at red sentence in first post.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #21
akikara
Enthusiast

Thanx.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 AM   #22
akikara
Enthusiast

when i click on "set datetime from server" it makes update from UK. Any ideas to change it to my own country? Turkey.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:28 AM   #23
akikara
Enthusiast

Quote:
when i click on "set datetime from server" it makes update from UK. Any ideas to change it to my own country? Turkey.
I've edited /var/local/system/tzVar to +03:00. But "set datetime from server" makes it again as UK.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
GMT time is the same regardless of what country you are in.
(*nix systems run internally on GMT - if the "local" time displayed to the user is incorrect - then your time zone setting is incorrect.)

If you need less delay, then edit the list of servers being queried to include a network time protocol server closer to your location.
One reference:
http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/asia

Directions included in the first post.

Last edited by knc1; 05-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #25
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use pw1 with 5.3.4 and kual 2.5
when I use your great script the time is set 1/2hour fast... half of an hour? Also if it was about "local" time I feel time zones are 1 hour each, 24 different time zone.

I fired it few minutes before 14:00... 2pm
It also seems to set it to 2AM (more 30 minutes)

btw. if I reboot, the clock gets lost. How could it happen if it's hw set?

System time and date reset using:
it.pool.ntp.org ntp1.inrim.it ntp2.inrim.it pool.ntp.org
ntpdate message was:
11 Mar 02:28:53 ntpdate[9576]: adjust time server 193.204.114.232 offset 0.005797 sec
hardware clock reset to system time as:
Wed Mar 11 02:28:53 2015 0.000000 seconds
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfiore View Post
I use pw1 with 5.3.4 and kual 2.5
when I use your great script the time is set 1/2hour fast... half of an hour? Also if it was about "local" time I feel time zones are 1 hour each, 24 different time zone.

I fired it few minutes before 14:00... 2pm
It also seems to set it to 2AM (more 30 minutes)

btw. if I reboot, the clock gets lost. How could it happen if it's hw set?

System time and date reset using:
it.pool.ntp.org ntp1.inrim.it ntp2.inrim.it pool.ntp.org
ntpdate message was:
11 Mar 02:28:53 ntpdate[9576]: adjust time server 193.204.114.232 offset 0.005797 sec
hardware clock reset to system time as:
Wed Mar 11 02:28:53 2015 0.000000 seconds
I haven't heard of that happening before.

Ah, not all time zones are 1 hour, there are some local zones that are less (for local (say, country wide) purposes).

From the message, both your software and hardware clocks are being set correctly.
The problem must be on the time display -
There have been other reports that people have had to set or re-set the time zone (display) file(s).

It is rare, I don't recall the details, but it is posted here, somewhere (maybe even in this thread).
Old 03-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #27
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Also as you noticed the Kindle does not have a very good hwclock on account of it not living through a reboot.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Is this a 3G model?
It might be getting mis-set from the 3G time signal when the 3G connects.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #29
pgfiore
Enthusiast

pw1 no 3G
"From the message, both your software and hardware clocks are being set correctly."

set correctly, but wrong time. 1/2hour fast & 1/2day slow. In fact it's AM in the example

set correctly? thinking twice, I'm in Rome gmt+1... the hwclock should be 1h slow, shouldn't?

I noted that a reboot (airplane mode, no 3g) set the clock to the correct time +2hours... that means is there a different clock other than hwclock? Since the "reboot" have to get the time from somewhere, right?
ok, it's adifferent problem; I could simply not to care about reboot, just curiosity :-)

"people have had to set or re-set the time zone (display) file(s)."
could give this a chance:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...indle+timezone

p.s. I normally use the BBB set of rules
Old 03-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #30
pgfiore
Enthusiast

Iran (UTC +03:30), Afghanistan (UTC +04:30), Sri Lanka (+05:30) Terranova, Canada (UTC -03:30 e UTC - 04:30).
Western Australia (UTC +08:45), Nepal (UTC+12:45), e Chatham Island (NZ) (UTC +05:45).

wow I learnt my piece of info todai ;-)