Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Opus battery life

I've had my Opus for a little over a week, during which time I've read for well over an hour a day. The battery meter is still showing "100%". Either this thing has a damned good battery life, or else the meter is broken .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Isn't it the case that the meter won't be able to measure correctly until after a few charges and discharges? I think I think that's the case because I think I read it somewhere....
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
I think Halk is right (battery calibration), but if it doesn't work, try to run a check on the disk through the Windows control panel (although I'm on a Mac I wouldn't know how to do that- I guess I'd try Disk Utility and check the unit).
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've had my Opus for a little over a week, during which time I've read for well over an hour a day. The battery meter is still showing "100%". Either this thing has a damned good battery life, or else the meter is broken .
Why do you not repeat the measurement I usually do for my Cybooks? How long time will it last constantly on?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I presume it would depend on how you read. Do you turn the reader off after reading? How many pages do you read during this hour? Suppose you read 2pages/minute, this would be 120 pages x 7 days = 840 pages whoch does not seem to much to me.

With the cybook I usually read between 2000 and 3000 page turns before I recharge which is sufficiente, and at that point usually there is still 40/50%, although I'm aware that this porcentage does not really mean anything.

And of course we all know that if they say 8.000 page turns, which is what most eabook readers claim, this is not what it seems to be as a page on an ebook reader usually has much less text than a page on a paper book (except for those who can read really tiny fonts, In order to read comfortably I usually use font size 11 or 12), so a 400 pages paper novel converts to a 1500 pages ebook novel.
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
And of course we all know that if they say 8.000 page turns ...
I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that the flashing refresh means that one page turn actually takes two page refreshes -- a flash to black and then the new page. The Cybook is the only reader I know that actually supports a page turn without a flash if you so desire.

So I think that the 8,000 is only with the page flash turned off.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, admitting the battery meter is accurate, the opus seam to have a longer battery life than gen 3.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can somebody measure the time with the unit constantly on?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Why do you not repeat the measurement I usually do for my Cybooks? How long time will it last constantly on?
HarryT said in another thread that he had started this measurement. Did I miss the result since I do not remember reading about it and cannot find it searching now?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
HarryT said in another thread that he had started this measurement. Did I miss the result since I do not remember reading about it and cannot find it searching now?
Sorry, Tommy, it had entirely slipped my mind. I'll fully charge my Opus overnight, and start the measurement tomorrow.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote