Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm in love with my shoes

No they're not Manolos or Prada or from whoever the "it" shoe maker is. They're MBTs.

OMG, these shoes are so comfortable! I had a bad fall back in 2006 and injured my left foot. I've sprained the same foot twice this year (the last time about 3 weeks ago) and was told by the doctor that it will take 6 months or more to really heal. My foot hurts all the time and swells very easily.

I'd seen several people wearing MBTs and finally decided to get one person's real opinion on them as she is on her feet all day long. She raved about them and got me so excited that I had to try them out.

I found a shoe store near me with a small selection. I put them on and walked around the store then I noticed that my left foot wasn't hurting. I was so happy I bought 2 pairs.

I've purchased several different pairs of casual/athletic shoes this year (don't need dress shoes for work) and none of them have felt this comfortable or relieved the pain in my foot until I tried the MBTs. I even had custom orthopedic inserts made several years back and they haven't helped much.

So you can see why I'm in love with my shoes. They're expensive but well worth it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
wow! those look like they would keep your achilles nicely stretched! I've fallen in love with http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/94000000/page/1.htmlromika shoes, specifically this http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/35412711/c/156091.html. the uppers are incredibly soft leather, the soles are a very nice rubber, and my foot feels very supported and comfortable. I teach skiing part time and blew out my knee, MCL and ACL, only the MCL is fixed, so I am very picky about my feet!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those boots are really cute! But not in my size.

Good luck with your ACL. From what I understand, tearing it can be quite painful and take a long time to heal.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

that's another sotry. my original surgeon told me that the MCL and ACL have to be repaired and heal seperately... not so , they should have been done together. so 3 years later when I am ready to tackle the next surgery, I am told it should have been done together, and oh yeah! it was pulled too tight! you're down to bone on bone! you need a knee replacement, but you are too young! so get by on cortisone and *some* drugs for as long as possible!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

OMG! I'm so sorry. Have you tried a second opinion?
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
krisk
Wizard

nope, he had pictures.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I had a pair of MBT shoes - very comfortable, but actually ended up causing me more problems than they solved (I've injured one ankle more times than I care to remember now, including sprains, tendon/ligament snapping/damage, one possible break (never got it re x-rayed), and so on - it's permanently swollen these days - varies from hardly noticable to tennis ball or larger in there). For every day wear now I just stick with orthiotic insoles, and for walking I've got these - it really is like being barefoot!:

ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Now that's a different kind of shoe. Those would probably be very comfortable to wear when walking in beach sand. I'd rather walk barefoot than in shoes on the sand.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
They are also surprisingly comfortable on pavements/sidewalks too! I like walking barefoot on sand, apart from getting all the sand caught between my toes!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
krisk
Wizard

OMG!!!!! they are real!!!!! I thought it was a joke!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I've had a pair of MBTs since last September. I mostly use them for walking exercise, but also for just walking around. They're really comfortable and great exercise for the muscles on the back on your legs.

My left ankle is a bit 'weak' because I sprained it badly some years ago, so I also hoped they might help exercise the ankle a bit and help keep the muscles more 'alert' because the shoes mean you never stand completely still. I think it's working well, and in general I really like not standing stock still as I would in normal shoes. It feel more natural that the body can move and have to adjust itself a bit all the time. It makes you less tense.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Interesting, the Masai walks around bare-foot and we have to have shoes in order to mimic them .... (training recommended ! )

I've always been interested in these, and also the Chung Shi range ....

But they're rather pricey and there have been some mixed reviews as to whether they can cause more damage than they solve ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #13
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I think I'd rather keep the pavements and the floors, etc. rather than the bare ground. More difficult to bicycle on, too

I did a great deal of research last year, and I couldn't find anything definite negative. What I remember was a few that were concerned about running in them, but then they are not designed for running... Also one that were concerned because of some specific condition, but again nothing to do with normal use. they've gotten a bit of hype, and I would take both the good and the bad with a grain of salt.

They're not the holy grail that cure all ills, but I find them a nice variation and I don't think it's a bad thing that they stretch and exercise leg muscles that don't usually get the exercise.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Interesting, the Masai walks around bare-foot and we have to have shoes in order to mimic them .... (training recommended ! )

I've always been interested in these, and also the Chung Shi range ....

But they're rather pricey and there have been some mixed reviews as to whether they can cause more damage than they solve ?
Geoff, pardon me but I don't think this thread is for us. Shoes - clearly a deviant obsession of the female variety. Let's go somewhere and talk about guy stuff: trebuchets, chocolate, clouds, beer, and cools stuff like that. kay?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Geoff, pardon me but I don't think this thread is for us. Shoes - clearly a deviant obsession of the female variety. Let's go somewhere and talk about guy stuff: trebuchets, chocolate, clouds, beer, and cools stuff like that. kay?

kay ? - is she coming too ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote