Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This one should be even easier to convert to the Ebookwise-1150 using mobi2imp.

Dale
Actually, I cannot remove the DRM. This one is different. When I go to read it woith Mobipocket Reader, it asks for my my username/password. Can this be read on a Gen3?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #32
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur
Megatron-UK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Do you need a signed-up Sony Connect account to download the LRF?
Megatron-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, I cannot remove the DRM. This one is different. When I go to read it woith Mobipocket Reader, it asks for my my username/password.
You should have had to set up an account at Books On Board, if you got it from them, and that would be where you'd generate the name and password that would in turn be entered into the e-book. (If you got it from someone else, you might need their name and password...)

I downloaded the file at work and tried to upload it directly into my PDA, but I was told it was un unauthorized account (or something). When I downloaded it from home and imported it into Mobipocket on my PC, I was then able to shift it to the PDA (and give my BoB name and password).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #34
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Actually, I cannot remove the DRM. This one is different. When I go to read it woith Mobipocket Reader, it asks for my my username/password. Can this be read on a Gen3?
Once you've done the username password deal once the Mobi files from BoB will un-DRM just fine, at least they do for me (I did have to re-download the first file after I did the un/pass). I was able to remove the DRM on this free Star Wars file just fine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #35
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron-UK View Post
Do you need a signed-up Sony Connect account to download the LRF?
Yes, you will, and you'll need to register your Reader to the account if you want to read the book on it.

I'll observe here that the installation and registration processes do not ask for an actual address, for any who might have that question.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used Mobipocket Desktop to send it to my SD card and after that it became a normal Mobipocket formated eBook without the need for a username/password. Thank for the help.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #37
hekkel
Enthusiast
hekkel is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yes, you will, and you'll need to register your Reader to the account if you want to read the book on it.

I'll observe here that the installation and registration processes do not ask for an actual address, for any who might have that question.
No, it does not ask for an address. But here you really have to tick that checkbox telling you're currently resident in the U.S. And if you're installing the 2.1 version of the software you have the choice between US and Canada.

If you don't tick the checkbox the software won't allow you to continue the registration.
hekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #38
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
have this in paperback, but love my Sony Reader (and Star Wars) so much I downloaded it straight away.

I'll also be downloading the rest of the books in this series just as soon as I get my hands on some more Sony Connect Credit

if they re-issued all my other Star Wars paperbacks for my Sony REader I'd buy them too
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
This one should be even easier to convert to the Ebookwise-1150 using mobi2imp.

Dale
This one cannot be converted using mobi2imp. It's huffdic compressed and mobi2html does not handle that. I would love for mobi2html to handle huffdoc. If Tompe can read Python code, then he can look at mobihuff.py and add that ability into his Mobi tools.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
This one cannot be converted using mobi2imp. It's huffdic compressed and mobi2html does not handle that. I would love for mobi2html to handle huffdoc. If Tompe can read Python code, then he can look at mobihuff.py and add that ability into his Mobi tools.
That would certainly be nice. Or maybe Nick could do it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
That would certainly be nice. Or maybe Nick could do it.

Dale
Either would be fine. Would make it easier for all of us in the long run.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #42
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Man!

As if I needed another reason to be angry at SONY for such a despicably klugey software application.

Would be interested to read this on my PRS-500. We will see if the Connect store ever logs me in so that I may do so.

Seriously need to purchase a card reader so that I may circumvent the only program to give me more trouble than Adobe Acrobat. Absolutely loathe that little 'ying-yang' arrow icon.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #43
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Any thoughts on the actual book from anyone?

I've started listening to the audiobook, and it's very well done. But to be honest, it doesn't really grab me and make me want to listen more yet. Everything seems so artificial and contrived. Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough. Plus the characters and names are hard to keep track of. I guess I'm not very familiar with the whole Star Wars scenario and context. I enjoyed the movies, but apparently didn't get much out of the plot and background story that goes with it.

So the big question is - should I keep going, or is the whole book less than thrilling unless you already love the Star Wars setting?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #44
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's a tough question, Bob. This series is one I've been listening to as audiobooks for my monthly travels since ... October I think. I do think that the first one is the weakest of the lot so far (I'm about to start "Fury" which is #7, I believe), but since I have been reading a lot of the "expanded" SW universe (ESWU) books, I can't really tell if it would be as interesting if I hadn't. I suspect not, but I don't really have an idea as to how much difference it would make.

I suspect that the main grab of the series is just how much of a betrayal the main character's ... choices (trying to avoid spoilers here) are, given his history in the ESWU, and who he is ... and whose he is.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #45
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
I really enjoyed this book and the rest of the series so far.

But I can very much imagine that If I hadnt read every book beetween The original trilogy and this one I would not rate it as highly.

Jacens motives and history are such a big driver in what he is doing that it makes the charecter and his choices very real, without knowing his background it would make his choices seem... odd!?

Esapecially what happend to Jacen during the yuzhev-Vong war that for me is so KEY to his charecters developmetn and present situation.

I would say if you enjoy star wars or sci fi/adventure novels start reading at least at the start of the Vong series.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
del rey, free book, star wars