Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no 605.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogal View Post
I want to buy my son & husband readers ...
What a nice lady!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #33
Aerogal
Aerogal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no 605.
I guess the sarcasm was lost on me this morning. need......more......coffee...
Aerogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #34
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
Really? Didn´t know that. Must be hard to point out the word you want to check though...
Not really. Just move your cursor to the desired word, and a short definition appears on the bottom of the screen. To view an extended definition, simply push the return button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
Not that I want to make this into a kindle2 discussion...
I'll be shutting up, now.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #35
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogal View Post
I guess the sarcasm was lost on me this morning. need......more......coffee...
Not sarcasm - optimism!

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #36
Drcll
Drcll began at the beginning.

Device: none (thinking in a prs-300 or a prs-600)
Nice topic... I'm thinking in buy a prs-600 or a prs-300 and it was pretty useful...
how I can see, most of prs-600's owners know that there is some glare, but get used with... I'm just afraid to not get used because I'll not have the possibility to return it due to live in Brazil, and to own one of these i need someone to bring to me, so i have to buy without really see what I'm buying.

That's why i still having doubts... Actually, my ebooks are in pdf... and i read somewhere that books in pdf were not very good in 300, if it were, i think i could forget the touchscreen...

One question now, does anyone know if i can change the dictionary's language?

Thanks!!
Drcll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 AM   #37
FlyFree
Bookworm
FlyFree began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
As I understand it - at the present time there is a choice of American English and British English. period. So, yes, you can change the dictionary's language from English - to English!! There is no other available language dictionary that can be used as a "built-in"...meaning the word definition comes up after tapping on the screen. I'm sure Sony must have French, German, Spanish in the works, as they are rolling out in Europe next year, but those are not presently available.
That said, French/Geerman etc texts with accented characters display perfectly, and you can input accented charcters by means of the virtual keyboard (takes some flipping through screens) AND there are foreign language reference works you can load. Looking up a word takes more time - because you would have to open the reference work, type in the word to be looked up, use Search, then go back to Home and re-open the book you were reading.
That
FlyFree is offline   Reply With Quote