Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #31
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
There is no difference in the firmware images. Three retailers of the Kobo means three separate download links for each of those retailers websites.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #32
steerpike
steerpike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
After a wait of nearly three months...

Thanks everyone. Finally managed the upgrade announced in June after being on the so-called 'early access' list since July. Put simply - Kobo doesn't give a rats bottom about NZ customers. Very disappointed in their attitude.

I have a SD card now. If you are in Auckland, I can do an upgrade for anyone who drops by.
steerpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #33
andyl
andyl began at the beginning.

As of today, the link to the Borders website returns a 404 "Not found" error. But I got the image from A&R instead. However my Kobo was purchased from the Borders website, so I think it a bit rubbish of Borders to remove the download....
andyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 AM   #34
raymnz
raymnz began at the beginning.

I'm new here and just want to say that it's great that there are keen people who can sort out all this stuff. I had troubles when I (somewhat rashly!) agreed to the udate of the Whitcoulls software...then I couldn't sync my Kobo. After an email to Whitcoulls I received a helpful and courteous reply from Alastair and following this I went to a Whitcoulls store for a reflash to V1.4. All went smoothly and I now have a fully functioning Kobo again, but I am cautious about updating to V1.7.

It's good to know that it's possible to reflash via a PC if ever the need arises - but having no knowledge of linux I will avoid doing so as long as possible!
raymnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #35
mike-s
mike-s began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1st gen
Thread-digging i know, but I thought I should put out a massive thank you to all whom contributed to this thread, as my kobo is functional once more after an incident involving calibre & my clumsiness effectively nuked the database and every book on my kobo. Following instructions & downloading files listed here revived it once more and got it fully functional again.

For anyone reading through this far after finding themselves in a similar situation, make sure you follow the instructions and that you use mkfs.ext3 with the -j argument on the SD card, and not automatically assume that just using mkfs will do the right job. I am not totally sure of why, but it was that one difference that got the flash card readable by my kobo upon re-install, and thusly my kobo working again.

Last edited by mike-s; 03-30-2012 at 08:21 AM.
mike-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
These have just been emailed to me by Paul from Borders Australia

They are Linux Tarball compressed files.

If there are any Linux gurus amongst the Kobo community, perhaps a quick tutorial would be most handy!

Anyway here they are;

http://www.borders.com.au/uploads/bo...u-full-1_4.tgz
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/upl...r-full-1_4.tgz
http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/uploads/...s-full-1_4.tgz

Thanks to Paul for these links! He has been a most helpful presence on the Whirlpool Kobo thread.
Would anyone happen to have a copy of one of these still available?
zacclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacclay View Post
Would anyone happen to have a copy of one of these still available?
I think the Angus Robertson link is still live. At least it was about a month ago. If you can't download it from there, give me a PM and I'll try to get the download to you -- it's about 123MB so a bit large to attach to a message here.

Good luck!

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
zacclay
zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'zacclay knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think the Angus Robertson link is still live. At least it was about a month ago. If you can't download it from there, give me a PM and I'll try to get the download to you -- it's about 123MB so a bit large to attach to a message here.

Good luck!

Regards,
David
Download is working! Thanks so much! I'll see if I can't get this kobo to fire back up!
zacclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #39
purenoise
purenoise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Links is DEAD - any help please ?
purenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot honestly expect 5 year old links to old firmware to still be actives do you?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #41
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You cannot honestly expect 5 year old links to old firmware to still be actives do you?
Sure! Why not?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Sure! Why not?
Because it's not reasonable. Yes, the link(s) might still work, but don't be surprised if they do not work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #43
mike-s
mike-s began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1st gen
I'm sure I've got at least one (maybe more) of those archives saved somewhere. I'll take a look for those archive nameand get back to you soon.
mike-s is offline   Reply With Quote