Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Your 200,001st sketch

There is a certain graphic novel author, whose name I have sadly forgotten at the moment, who said the following: "Your first 200,000 sketches will be crud, and the next one will taste like heaven."

So tell us, published, self published, unpublished author: which was your 200,001st sketch? In which moment of your writing did you finally get the right thought which allowed your story to go?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Mine was this:

His head shook in time with his hands. A secret metronome that kept the time of a song only he could hear.

I wrote it when I was fourteen and I knew I wanted to be a writer at that moment. Now, if I could only write a second sentence.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Mine was this:

His head shook in time with his hands. A secret metronome that kept the time of a song only he could hear.

I wrote it when I was fourteen and I knew I wanted to be a writer at that moment. Now, if I could only write a second sentence.
Great sentence...

Glad to see you're still here, Moejoe.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote