Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Exclamation eBook library 3.0 FINALLY WORKING

I've posted a few threads.
eBook library 3.0 was crashing on me, when drag & dropping or syncing to internal memory.
A great tip almost made it for me: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=15
For me, it really has been DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on Windows Vista.
BUT: In addition, there has been a conflict to my PDF driver (Nuance PDF Creator Professional 5.0). I've had to include this into the DEP exception list as well.
Now, it's finally working!
Entirely, flawlessly as advertised!

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Glad you got it working.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
moespook
moespook began at the beginning.

Device: bebook; sony 600
Glad to hear that the DEP-tip helped (at least partially !
moespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moespook View Post
Glad to hear that the DEP-tip helped (at least partially !
Yeah, thanks a lot. Never would have thought of that.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I tried the DEP tip and it's still crashing on my sister's computer. (I still have the old school PRS 500 and have no problems). She doesn't make pdfs so she wouldn't have a pdf driver that would conflict, but I'll look around anyway.

By the way if you go through Sony's web chat all they suggest is installing the ebook software in SAFE mode (that did absolutely nothing).
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
I had the same problem and installed the old version from my CD and it worked.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When something doesn't work, disable everything that starts up when the system runs, then install the problematic software and see if it runs. Then put everything back one-by-one and rebook in between until the problematic software doesn't work provided it worked in the first place with nothing extra running on boot.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
I tried the DEP tip and it's still crashing on my sister's computer. (I still have the old school PRS 500 and have no problems). She doesn't make pdfs so she wouldn't have a pdf driver that would conflict, but I'll look around anyway.

By the way if you go through Sony's web chat all they suggest is installing the ebook software in SAFE mode (that did absolutely nothing).
Sony's tips didn't work at all for me.
I've deinstalled the drivers and have followed all the other suggestions by the letter. No difference at all.
XP compatibility mode made it work once. I probably killed that by fooling around with the sync feature, which (based on my thread) seems to be crashing for even more people than simply drag & drop.
DEP made it work on both of my Vista units.
But as you see in my example: My PDF driver was causing damages in parallel.
So, as JSWolf says, it may be anything, working in the background.
If DEP wouldn't have worked for me, I would have installed it in an isolated Virtual Machine, which would have been fastest for me, as I've got a pre-prepared XP-instance ready, without any 3rd party applications.
On XP, it should be working anyway. Majority of negative reports has been on Vista, some on Mac.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-16-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post

I do it that way: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=12
I've seen a thread, which explained exactly the opposite - choosing option 1, whereas I need option 2....
Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
cpj
cpj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Prs-505
Thanks for this. I tried allowing the reader software through the DEP, but it didn't work. I suspect I had some driver issues like you mention. What I did was turn off DEP for all but the essential programs and services, and the Reader software worked!
Thanks for the tip!
cpj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook library 3.0, sony library