Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Validate Stylesheets opens with ADE

Sigil v 0.6.0, Windows 7 64 bit.

This used to work for me but now when I select Validate Stylesheets with WC3 Adobe Digital Editions opens instead of the WC3 browser page.

I seem to remember this started when I did an html spell-check with Word and all the icons then changed inside Sigil's Book Browser to Word icons after I saved the html file. I don't use Word for my html code and only use it to check for spelling and scanning errors.

I have uninstalled Sigil and reinstalled it again and the Book Browser icons are normal again but ADE still opens when I want to do a .CSS check.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@moonraker - you must have changed your default file association for ".html" extension files. Change that back to being your web browser instead of ADE.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Duh. I was trying to change the file association for .css I just didn't think of .html

Thank you so much. All is working now.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Glad you are sorted. In case anyone else is confused as to "why .html?" - when you use the "Validate with W3C" feature, Sigil creates a temporary .html file with all the necessary data for submitting to the W3C website (the css data is embedded within it, along with some javascript to submit the data after a few seconds delay). It then "opens" that .html file, expecting that .html files will be associated with your web browser in which case it should all work as expected.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote