Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
adrianopel
adrianopel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0.
Exclamation KT 5.1.0 - brick after USB bundle install

Hello everyone,

Today I made a brick from my KT 5.1.0

All began when I decided to do its jailbreak. I used probably most easiest way i.e. by web page jailbreak-kt.tk. Although it was easy, I had to screw it up.

I don't know why but after first or second restart when I was in diag mode I chose option "Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" and then I decided to choose "USB bundle install" (please don't ask me why because I don't even know myself). From this time I have still the same image on my screen.

I have tried to do hard resets and go through with the guide from this page (http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d4mqgzr4cbrttzu) but I get stuck on the 4th page in 8th point. I can't see Kindle-Fastboot in my device manager.

I don't know it's normal or not but I see the same image on my screen all the time (doesn't matter I reset, plug or unplug KT. It's still frozen as above, no touch response).

Could you give me a little piece of advice how to bring my Kindle to life?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by adrianopel; 08-01-2012 at 12:00 PM.
adrianopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You might be stuck in fastboot mode (which does not use the eink screen, so whatever was there will stay there).

Try booting to diags (and main) using MfgTool. Or use fastboot to change the bootmode.

The PDF in your link is a small version of the "simple debricking" method. You can see more details in the Dev Corner forum "simple debricking" sticky thread.

And be sure to charge your kindle with a wall charger first. The battery can completely discharge while sitting in diags mode (or when bricked). When you get it working in fastboot mode, charge it in fastboot mode for a few hours. Then repeat the debricking process.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-01-2012 at 12:29 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
adrianopel
adrianopel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0.
Thank you for quick answer. Something starts to work. I was able to do all steps from instruction for beginners but at the end Kindle shown "Tree screen" and I get white screen later, nothing more. I tried do whole procedure few times and in other trials Kindle has frozen in diag mode so something is still wrong.

I made test using Kernel and mmcblk file in version 5.0.0 (as in instruction) but I would like to try with 5.1.0 of both files. I downloaded proper mmcblk but I can't find kernel in 5.1.0 version. Only link to dropbox I found doesn't work. Could you please share it with me if you have it?
adrianopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianopel View Post
Thank you for quick answer. Something starts to work. I was able to do all steps from instruction for beginners but at the end Kindle shown "Tree screen" and I get white screen later, nothing more. I tried do whole procedure few times and in other trials Kindle has frozen in diag mode so something is still wrong.

I made test using Kernel and mmcblk file in version 5.0.0 (as in instruction) but I would like to try with 5.1.0 of both files. I downloaded proper mmcblk but I can't find kernel in 5.1.0 version. Only link to dropbox I found doesn't work. Could you please share it with me if you have it?
I have not tried 5.1.0 myself. The easiest way is to flash 5.0.0 and then update to whatever you want.

There is now a 5.1.2 firmware. Perhaps you should try that. There is even one with the jailbreak already installed.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
crabman2
crabman2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I don't know it's normal or not but I see the same image on my screen all the time (doesn't matter I reset, plug or unplug KT. It's still frozen as above, no touch response).

Hi, today the same thing happend to me, did you worked it out? I don't know what to do. Could you tell me what did you do to get it working again?

How did you get it unstuck and anfroze it. Mine still not respond to enything.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by crabman2; 03-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
crabman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Press the power button for 30 seconds.
If you're still in diags then, follow https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ing_Diags_Mode
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
crabman2
crabman2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Press the power button for 30 seconds.
If you're still in diags then, follow https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ing_Diags_Mode
Thanks, holding power button didn't help. But, I removed the battery (yes, I did) and after twenty minutes or so tried again with KindleSelectBoot. Didn't work the first time i tried it, but after removing battery and placing it back, it did.
crabman2 is offline   Reply With Quote