Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
Platapie
Platapie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
You only need convertlit if you plan on converting lit files. The rest of libprs500 will work just fine without it.
Ah, gotcha. For those who do wish to use converlit, I forgot to mention that you also need to update the makefile to aim it at the appropriate libtom file, or else it wont compile properly.
Platapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #17
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome job, Kovid. I have but one request - can you add an option to ignore font families? I'd like to always use the built-in Sans-Serif font, as it is fast and readable. That would be cool.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks, open a ticket and I'll see to it when I get the time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v 0.3.96 has a new improved nytimes feed with support for logging in (see first post)
Old 08-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

v 0.3.99 has an improved BBC profile with a hierarchical TOC. See sample in first post.
Advert
Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #21
Adrian
Adrian began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
What a fantastic app! This is precisely what I wanted to use my Reader for - reading the New York Times. I don't suppose you could make another script from the NYT Sunday Magazine? The articles are particularly long in the magazine, and would really suit being on the reader.

Keep up the good work!
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #22
numindast
Enthusiast
numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2, DX (had PRS500, 505, 700)
oh WOW!

I can get my beloved New York Times on my reader! oohh this makes me excited .. not quite excited-over-a-woman but boy oh boy!

Thanks much for this GREAT tool!

I had my expectations set too high -- I thought NYTimes.com would have a way to download their paper in ebook format, boy was I wrong. Still, I hope I can get this scripted out so that I can grab my Reader in the morning, head for the train, and read the news (I am a subscriber, albeit just to the Sunday print edition.)

Thanks!!
numindast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 AM   #23
avh
avh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Hi kovidgoyal,

Thanks very much for this app. The 3 profiles that you provided are very nice. They are now on my list of daily lrf creation.

I have a website that I read daily, and would like to create a lrf output for it. After executing the command "web2lrf --url http://english.vietnamnet.vn", I got the "Downloading" echo, then the cursor in the command window would just keep blinking.

My thought now is to write a .NET program to download the top level articles in the Politics and Business sections of this website. The next step would be to create the lrf document with a TOC just like you did for the BBC, NY Times, and News Week. This is where I got stuck . I don't know what is the best way to assemble the web pages into lrf with a TOC. Would you please advise on how best to achieve similar results as your outputs? And did I say they look very nice by the way

TIA
avh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you interrupt the LRF creation, the temporary files, will be preserved and you can look at them (they'll be in the temp directory in a subdirectory whose name starts with libprs500).

Also libprs500 contains functions that make this task easy. Take a look at
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/bro...ebooks/lrf/web

paying special attention to profiles.py and the individual profile files. As you can see it takes only a few dozen lines of code to create an individual profile.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 AM   #25
avh
avh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Thanks kovidgoyal. I will study the profile files.
avh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

When i release 0.4.9 it will have a modified nytimes profile to only download articles from the previous two days. This should result in a smaller/faster loading LRF file. Let me know what you think of it.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When i release 0.4.9 it will have a modified nytimes profile to only download articles from the previous two days. This should result in a smaller/faster loading LRF file. Let me know what you think of it.
Can we have a profile to only download the current day's paper?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

web2lrf uses RSS and there is no simple mapping from RSS publication dates to a "day's newspaper"
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

version 0.4.15 should hit the servers soon.
It has support for adding custom profiles to web2lrf. See https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserProfiles
Old 10-29-2007, 07:41 AM   #30
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Next user-profile: faznet.py

Got a german RSS-newsfeed user-profile for FAZ.net

Check out faznet.py zipped as attachment.

Attention: it is an alpha version.

There are still some layout problems...

If anybody got some hints to get the layout a little bit smoother... let me know!

Greetings from germany,

StDo
Attached Files
File Type: zip faznet-v008.py.zip (1.4 KB, 935 views)
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf