Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
egarbacz
egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.egarbacz could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Boox Nova2
Auto scrolling in a reader

Since using the first Palm Pilots to read books on a handheld I have loved using autoscrolling to read since it prevents me from having to constantly tap the screen, this is especially useful for small screens like the old Palms and even the new iPhones and iPod Touches. However, do to the limited number of apps that support autoscroll I have to wonder if I am in the minority of people who use this feature? One app that I used in the Palm days used a unique way of scroll that is described here: http://www.maxerist.net/main/soft-palmos/rta-palmos Do people think that this type of scrolling would be more effective than the typical scrolling method in which the text is constantly moving forcing you to constantly read the bottom of the screen? Is there any other type of scrolling method that you have used that would work better?

Ed G.
egarbacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
The Kindle has a computer voice which some folks turn off - it automatically turns pages if you use it with the volume off. The speed of turns (voice) can be controlled.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Sometimes I use the Kindle voice thing to have it autoscroll. I listen to the voice to get a pace, but I read along with it.

A majority of the time I just hit the button, though.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote