Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
How do you do that?
Convert --> look and feel --> filter style information --> check fonts (I check everything in the row, personally)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Thanks, never saw that before. Re: fonts crashing, I just use caecilia. I add the info to the css settings in Calibre and compile the epub with it. I guess it's personal taste, but I've yet to see a font that competed with caecilia for clarity and attractiveness, and I've tried most of them.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You add something to the "Extra CSS" tab? I have no idea what to put in there.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I finally figured out how to add fonts to the T1. I rooted it with AMR, added a fonts folder, added some fonts to the folder, and now I can choose them via Coolreader. The one I like best is Charis SIL that Jon fixed and shared awhile back. I could never get it to work until now. I was going to sell the Sony due to the fonts issue. But now I like it again!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Now the T1 is completely spazzing out. All I did was try to open the book I was reading, from the home screen (default is set for coolreader). It froze. I held the button down to try to close it. Now it is flashing black, then the arrow screen, then flashing black....sigh...maybe coolreader is not for me.

Reset button has resulted in it staying frozen on the circle arrows. Argh. Plugging into the computer....that jogged it into "opening book".

Update. I deleted coolreader 3. Loaded a different version. No good. Deleted that, deleted the files in the cache, and installed cr3.0.55-19. Seems to be working perfectly, now. So maybe I had a bad install the first time. At any rate, I am not going to select it as a default reader, because I could NOT figure out how to de-select it.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-21-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Noticed I wasn't getting italics in Cool Reader or FB reader, so started playing around again...now it's hosed again! Time for the paperclip. I think I'll un-root it.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

So in case anyone was following this thread, I unrooted the T1 and was using the original font with no problems. Today I did a complete reset to factory default. Using the books provided in the reset, I tested all of the fonts. None of them caused a device crash. However at least 3 of them did not display the italics shown in the rest of them.

(I still don't care for the available fonts. But at least I can use them.)
Old 09-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Any updates on your reader? has the factory reset worked for you in terms of being able to use the Frutiger Neue and crashing? Has it stopped those occurrences from happening? My black on is now doing that?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Any updates on your reader? has the factory reset worked for you in terms of being able to use the Frutiger Neue and crashing? Has it stopped those occurrences from happening? My black on is now doing that?
Well, I sold it. But before I did so, I was able to successfully factory reset the device. I loaded a few books on it via Calibre. I was able to use all the fonts without crashing. But the battery seemed to drain way too fast. I removed all the books and the Calibre created files, and loaded the same books on it by dragging and dropping. Battery was significantly better.

Then I sold it. If I can't use the font I want to use, the device is no good to me.