Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #211
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
How can I completely change default fonts files of my (rooted) T1? The Sony T1's default font files don't display well unicode utf8. So, I want to replace them with font family like arial, times new roman or gentium.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #212
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
How can I completely change default fonts files of my (rooted) T1? The Sony T1's default font files don't display well unicode utf8. So, I want to replace them with font family like arial, times new roman or gentium.
Maybe this thread will help -- you can either try to use on of the other built in fonts by altering the css of your epub to use the appropriate res:/// url to system fonts , or replace/symlink the "original" font?

edit: you can try to Droid Sans/Serif/fallback already built in (see /system/fonts) and between those should have full unicode support I'd imagine without having to change any fonts unless you really want to. Here is more info on the Droid fonts.

Last edited by log; 12-04-2011 at 11:09 AM.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #213
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I want to change the system fonts that T1 uses to display book titles (in books section), settings, ToC,... (not only inside the book). The epub with edited css and fully embedded fonts can display well unicode UTF8 (used for Vietnamese characters), but the ToC still uses Sony default fonts so that it doesn't display correctly unicode utf8.
Edit: I've read somewhere that the nook touch system fonts can be replaced completely by user's fonts. So, I think that this can be done also with the T1 because it uses android.

Last edited by vietchovui; 12-08-2011 at 10:51 PM.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #214
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If anyone is wanting to make a OS X version of the root flasher, just took a quick look at the 1.0.03.11140 OS X PRS-T1Updater.app (expand package) and it looks like they use the same .package format that is used in the Windows version of the minimal root set, and used the scripts are all "kinoma" XML scripts and plain text files for the UI.

Almost as if Sony is encouraging making "home brew" firmware easier by providing these tools without any real attempt to obfuscate their utilities?

Just wanted to point this out if you guys were not aware, but might already be known to community.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #215
chinsoponsub
chinsoponsub began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX X60s
I used RootExplorer to System/Font but cant open

I want to copy my droid font to System/Font becuase, epub file cant display my local languese. But can't open System/Font folder to put file.

Please advise. Thank you.
chinsoponsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #216
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Coolreader as default reader?

I've successfully rooted my PRS-T1 but i've set the sony reader as my default ebook reader, but now i'd like to change this setting and make coolreader my default reader or have the choice between the two when i open an ebook.
how can i do it?
thanks in advance
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #217
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsoponsub View Post
I want to copy my droid font to System/Font becuase, epub file cant display my local languese. But can't open System/Font folder to put file.

This is not so easy, because.

But you always can embed your own font into the epub.

Last edited by vishcompany; 12-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #218
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Is the new "zeam launcher" minimal root set better than the awdex one?
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #219
keung523
keung523 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello,

I have confused for the following sentence at page1:"Do not just "final choice" launcher. I understand that constantly pop-up menu launcher when you click on HOME annoying, but you need to adjust to the beginning of everything for themselves, and then you can remove AWDLauncher or home. "

Everytime I back the home, the prst1 let me choose between ADWLauncher and Home(the original system)
And Everytime I open a book it let me choose between EBookDroid and Reader.

Can I make one to be my default choice?

Thanks!
keung523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #220
keung523
keung523 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by keung523 View Post
hello,

I have confused for the following sentence at page1:"Do not just "final choice" launcher. I understand that constantly pop-up menu launcher when you click on HOME annoying, but you need to adjust to the beginning of everything for themselves, and then you can remove AWDLauncher or home. "

Everytime I back the home, the prst1 let me choose between ADWLauncher and Home(the original system)
And Everytime I open a book it let me choose between EBookDroid and Reader.

Can I make one to be my default choice?

Thanks!
omg, I chose Home as default already..
could I switch to ADWLauncher then?
keung523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #221
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Ebookdroid

I tried installing a development build of Ebookdroid (1.3.0-dev-r651), without success ("Application not installed"). I assume it has something to do with certificates. Does anyone know how to install it?
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #222
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
A common question, I guess.
I have the rooted PRS-T1.
In order to install the firmware update, I have to restore the original firmware, install the update and re-root, or I can install the update directly?
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #223
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
In order to install the firmware update, I have to restore the original firmware, install the update and re-root, or I can install the update directly?
See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=17
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #224
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
To be deleted

Last edited by xuyn2003; 12-14-2011 at 03:51 AM.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #225
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsoponsub View Post

An example that will work, root required

1.Rename any of your favorite fonts set(a fonts set contains four fonts, normally regular,bold,italic,bolditalic) to "VerdanaW1G.otf, VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf, VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf, VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf" (your fonts can be either "ttf" or "otf", but you must rename them as the name listed above, including the file name suffix. VerdanaW1G isn't the only choice, you can use other fonts set, but you should know the fonts name exactly)

2.Copy all the fonts in /ebook/fonts/ to /sdcard/fonts/, then copy your renamed fonts in step1 to /sdcard/fonts/, so the orginal VerdanaW1G fonts will be replaced.

3. in terminal, type: mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/ /ebook/fonts/

4. then in sony reader, select the font type "Vendana"

Note: After you binded /sdcard/fonts/ to /ebook/fonts/, if connect to the PC via usb&data transfer mode, this mothod will not work untill you disconnect the usb.
And, if you reboot your T1, the bind will also disappear, so I recommend to use GScript.apk to run this command easily once after the T1 was boot up.

Last edited by xuyn2003; 12-14-2011 at 03:55 AM.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony