Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
User PNG's for User Columns

Just wondering, if on the off chance there is any way to have different images, for user columns and searches, that are displayed in the tag browser.

I have a few columns there at present, and to see the "grey column png" all the time is a little drab - esp as the column is representing something unique to me, genre or format or read etc.

Not sure if having a user browse box to choose your own 128*128 png is something that's even feasible, but thought I'd ask anyway.

PS while looking in the relevant folder I did notice that the "merge_books" icon is pretty big!
C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\resources\images
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...lates-etcetera

You can change the icon for all custom columns, but not set a per column icon
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I was reading that the other day, I think that's what I will do for now, would be nice to be able to change individual icons though.

Ps - you may want to change the ".svg" to .png in the guide linked.

While I'm thinking about aesthetics:

Is there anyway to have a roll over effect on the top options?
At present there is no way of telling if you are going to click Remove books, or the arrow to the right, Save to disc or the arrow to the right etc
This may cause issues with people clicking on the wrong icon, if a roll over colour change could be included, that would stop any mistakes (and you know how delete mistakes are prevalent at present)

If colour change is not possible, maybe more space between the options, or change it altogether to a right click on the icon for the extra options?

Just suggestions - the program is awesome "as is"

Last edited by transmitthis; 06-29-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a rollover effect on al lplatforms, except OS X, apparently on OS X not having rollover effects on toolbar icons is "the native look"
Old 06-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
transmitthis
Addict

Maybe you misunderstood what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
At present there is no way of telling if you are going to click Remove books, or the arrow to the right

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, and don't get a roll over on the top bar that differentiates between the two options.

Just so I'm being clear

Original - There's no way for novice users to be sure they clicked on the left most options instead of the main delete icon... (personally I use a right click on the library items, but were talking about novice users here)

Suggestion
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I know of no way to achieve that with Qt, I'm afraid.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Maybe you misunderstood what I said

I'm on Windows 7 64bit, and don't get a roll over on the top bar that differentiates between the two options.

Just so I'm being clear

Original - There's no way for novice users to be sure they clicked on the left most options instead of the main delete icon... (personally I use a right click on the library items, but were talking about novice users here)

Suggestion
When you click the Arrows (on all icons), you get a Menu that you need not use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
transmitthis
Addict

Thats Ok Kovid, just a suggestion, in case you run out of "sighs"

Yes you do, theducks, but I imagine there will be people trying to click the quite small thin "options", and hitting remove books instead...

If they were the same size that would probably alleviate the concern, maybe split top bottom, instead. Anyway as I said just something I noticed that wanted to mention, no biggie.