Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Last read date

Is such a thing recorded and possible to display in Calibre?

I tend to reread books, generally speaking I work my way through my bookcases from left to right and it takes me about three years to read everything. As I read them I enter them in Calibre if I haven't entered them already.

When I come across a author I like releasing e-books the first task is to check the shelf and see if I have a physical copy and enter them in Calibre.

These days I have some 450 e-books some of which are now three years old or in other words time to possibly read them once more.

For physical books I expect I would need to update something manually but Calibre might be capturing the date it was last sent to the device. Then perhaps I could do a search on 4 or 5 star books sorted in date last read order.

Thanks John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre does not automatically have such a feature. After all, putting a book on a device or opening in the viewer is no guarantee you read it

However you can easily add a custom date column that you manually keep updated. That is what I do. Except I do it in as part of my goodreads updating with the Goodreads Sync plugin, so a keystroke will populate my date read column with today and send my rating to goodreads. In the case of re-reading a book it is a simple date edit exercise. You can then sort and filter on that column as you wish.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Interesting, I added a lastread column as date, when I double click on it it sets the date to today's date.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote