Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
FluxAugur
FluxAugur began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Help with Amazon App Store

Hey folks. So I have two PEs, that's I've upgraded to Ermine-0.9 (can't seem to find the 1.xx firmware, is it recommended to upgrade to 1.xx?). I have the Amazon AppStore installed, and was previously able to install one or two apps. However, for the past couple of days every time I try to install a new app from Amazon store, I get a message saying that my device is incompatible. I have even tried getting the app from my computer, but it doesn't show up in My Apps. I *know* these apps work (e.g. TuneIn Radio), because I just found the .apk elsewhere.

I wouldn't normally consider this a problem, but as I intend to give these as gifts once I have everything set up (gifting to fairly non-tech savvy folks), I'd really like to have some sort of app store working, so that I'm not called every time they want an app.

Thanks a bunch!
FluxAugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Did you try clearing the cache, maybe even clearing data?

Edit: I just checked and Amazon shows TuneIn Radio as being incompatible with both eDGes (their website shows a red circle next to eDGejr -- don't know why the app doesn't tell you before you download (grumble grumble)). I have it installed, I think even updated, so don't know why they think it isn't compatible, but that's why you are getting that message.

Last edited by Filark; 09-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxAugur View Post
can't seem to find the 1.xx firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141833
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The Amazon App Store works with Dingo (what the PE shipped with) and Ermine. Have you tried uninstalling the Amazon Store App from the Pocket Edge and reinstalling it? Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, select the All Tab and Appstore. Here you can Clear data (try this first) or uninstall if necessary.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote