Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #16
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
In addition to what's already there:

Rubberized coating that's easy to hold, doesn't show fingerprints, and doesn't reflect light when I read.

Rocker switch and multiple locations for page turn buttons

Ability to read in landscape.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I would like to see a poll of which capability we like best on our Astak EZ Reader and Pocket Pro.

With ideas... like:

Epub DRM
9 levels of zoom
TTS
20 formats, favorite format
beautiful, MR chosen, colors: favorite color

from Javed.....
customizable startup and closedown screens
choice of colors
able to play music
great customer support
good price
folder structure capability
good charge life of battery
compact size
light weight

from Phogg...
1. SD card.
2. Folder support

From Krytes...
1) Support for nested folders
2) SD card
3) User-replaceable battery
4) Support for a wide range of non-proprietary, non-DRMed formats, including fb2

fom Solitious
- Worldwide sales/service.
- The happy price point (on the PP anyway, which includes a protective cover).
- Replaceable battery.
- Battery life (not to speak low of other readers but I see some people getting a few days to a week or two on a charge, my PP lasts longer).
- Number of options for page turn buttons, I can hold the PP in the most comfortable position and read.
- Standard cables/charger.

From Polly
Rubberized coating that's easy to hold, doesn't show fingerprints, and doesn't reflect light when I read.
Rocker switch and multiple locations for page turn buttons
Ability to read in landscape.

How about helping me get the list streamed out.
I've never initiated a poll before so all help will be appreciated.

PLEASE...only existing features, and ONLY positive ones. I would prefer no negative vibes here. I want to know the great features we like.

THX, AJ

You do NOT (I would think) want to go to the Lounge to query Astak owners about what they want for their devices and for future devices - the Lounge is a place where (Quote) "friendly banter unrelated to ebooks" (end quote) occurs. That place certainly has its purposes, but you do want to poll Astak owners about what they want - don't you? (Your post certainly and specifically references Astak owners.)

Do what Granny said (in her corrected posts), but you'll want to keep your Poll in the Astak Forum - I would think.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-16-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You do NOT (I would think) want to go to the Lounge to query Astak owners about what they want for their devices and for future devices - the Lounge is a place where (Quote) "friendly banter unrelated to ebooks" (end quote) occurs. That place certainly has its purposes, but you do want to poll Astak owners about what they want - don't you? (Your post certainly and specifically references Astak owners.)

Do what Granny said (in her corrected posts), but you'll want to keep your Poll in the Astak Forum - I would think.

Don
(Moderator)

Thanks. I was aware you can do polls in any forum and definitely plan to do it in Astak forum. I appreciated her detailed information as to the actual procedure as it cleared up a few questions of mine.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #19
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
To do a poll:

Go to "lounge"

Click on "start new thread"

Decide on a title for your poll.....then write an introductory post saying what you are trying to do.

BEFORE YOU HIT 'SUBMIT' scroll down and click on the box

"Yes, post a poll with this thread"

indicate how many questions you want This can be updated while you are actually setting it up.

THEN click "submit new thread"

Now you'll be given a new window with blank spaces to ask your questions in, and also you'll be given a chance to control the stop date, if any, whether its a multiple choice poll, and if you want others to see how you voted.

If you make a mistake, not to worry. Just post for a mod to help. They are the only ones who can change a poll.

Enjoy...you can do this!

Thanks, I appreciate the step by step. I would have fumbled around otherwise.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #20
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Looking forward to AJ's poll!

Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Yes.

Where is it?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #22
AJ Starr
Guru

Sorry, football playoff weekend......

Tags
ez reader, poll