Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite MobileRead tagline entries.
MobileRead: A Global Community - Dedicated to the eBook Revolution! 12 7.55%
MobileRead: A Library in your Hand 33 20.75%
MobileRead: A bit more than books 22 13.84%
MobileRead: A world of e-books 8 5.03%
MobileRead: Any book, anytime, anywhere 19 11.95%
MobileRead: Because a day without DRM discussion is a day without sunshine! 6 3.77%
MobileRead: Because libraries are heavy 37 23.27%
MobileRead: Because life happens away from home. 5 3.14%
MobileRead: Because literature is too important to leave on the shelf. 31 19.50%
MobileRead: Because you can take it with you 25 15.72%
MobileRead: Books unleashed 5 3.14%
MobileRead: Books unbound 22 13.84%
MobileRead: Books without paper; ideas without borders 22 13.84%
MobileRead: Community, Technology, Literacy. 11 6.92%
MobileRead: For the movable type 19 11.95%
MobileRead: Future of Reading 23 14.47%
MobileRead: It's not just for tech-heads anymore. 1 0.63%
MobileRead: Leading the eBook Evolution since 2004. 13 8.18%
MobileRead: Make your world mobile 3 1.89%
MobileRead: Mobile-ize your world. 4 2.52%
MobileRead: Movable type for movable types. 10 6.29%
MobileRead: Now with 100% less paper! 27 16.98%
MobileRead: Promoting Literacy in The Digital Age. 24 15.09%
MobileRead: Read more, carry less. 47 29.56%
MobileRead: Reading Meets the Future 5 3.14%
MobileRead: Reading On the Go 7 4.40%
MobileRead: Where do you want to read today? 14 8.81%
MobileRead: Where knowledge is power and power sources are optional. 5 3.14%
MobileRead: World-wide eReading 7 4.40%
MobileRead: Your world in the palm of your hand. 5 3.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead Tagline Contest: Let's vote!

You sent us your tagline entries, we narrowed 'em down, now its your turn to take care of biz. Go and vote for your favorite MobileRead taglines; then cross your fingers for the lucky person who's gonna walk away with $50 more in his or her pockets.

And to further exercise your democratic right to select a winner in our contests, make sure you don't forget to vote for the best MobileRead logo (also includes details about the voting process)!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, I must admit that I just love some of these slogans...I voted for several, but I'd say my favourites are

Mobileread: Because Libraries are heavy!

and

Mobileread: Because you can take it with you.

Somehow the second one reminds me of bowerbird:

Because you _can_ take it with you...

EDIT: why can I still vote? I just placed my vote...
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I like them all. And I like someone's suggestion that the tagline change regularly, rotating through several of these, if possible. Both these and the logo submissions are cool!

"why can I still vote? I just placed my vote..."

Because we value your opinion so much, we're letting you vote as many times as you want, CommanderROR!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 01-21-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
oooooh...that gave me a nice and warm, cosy feeling...
Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Big B
Big B began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
WOW!! What a talented group we have. Loved the logos and taglines....wonderful job everyone.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My first thought was to vote for all of them but that wouldn't do any good. Like a donkey between bales of hay there are just too many good ones. Thankfully we don't have to pick just one.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I voted for 5 and 1...for fun
MobileRead: A Global Community - Dedicated to the eBook Revolution!
MobileRead: A Library in your Hand
MobileRead: Because literature is too important to leave on the shelf.
MobileRead: Future of Reading
MobileRead: Promoting Literacy in The Digital Age.

For fun:
MobileRead: Because a day without DRM discussion is a day without sunshine!

Two in bold are the best though.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I picked my favorite 5. It was tough! Only one of the ones I picked turned out to be in the running for top choice, but that's ok.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I hate to be negative since these are all very good.

But in an age where "No one reads." some of these are just tooooooo looooong!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I hate to be negative since these are all very good.

But in an age where "No one reads." some of these are just tooooooo looooong!
So, vote for the short ones!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Done!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Problem with the poll?

Umm... Am I the only one to notice this? This poll summary says "Voters: 99", but when I add up the column I get 306 votes. The percentages add up to 309.06%. That can't be right.

There's a similar problem in the logo contest: It says "Voters: 123" when I count 263 votes, for a grand total of 213.83%.

Is the poll software messed up, or what?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Is the poll software messed up, or what?
No, it's a multi-vote poll.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
No, it's a multi-vote poll.
Meaning that people can vote for more than one item.

The percentages on this sort of poll are largely worthless, since they don't add up, but the straight out number of votes is what we're looking at, so it's fine for that end.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I voted for yours Neko. "Reading meets the future"
Closed Thread