Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Word is next month for ipad unveiling
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
I don't quite get the appeal of a smaller tablet. Maybe for reading books (though I prefer the 2 page ibooks view when I read on my ipad). But for what else would one prefer this over a regular ipad? I guess portability due to size? If so, I'll just stick with my phone.
I have stopped reading my blogs and other RSS feeds on my iPad2 and use my Nexus 7 instead since it is more convenient to hold. So now I do not know what to use the iPad2 for...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
So now I do not know what to use the iPad2 for...
Chopping board?

afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Chopping board?

too good..! can't stop laughing..!
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Chopping board?
That's a 'spensive chopping board!
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #21
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Chopping board?

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please stop! Oh the humanity!

The Gorilla Glass will dull that perfectly good knife in no time......

Last edited by 5thWiggle; 09-14-2012 at 12:48 PM.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
That's a 'spensive chopping board!
No biggie.
They can afford it.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
No biggie.
They can afford it.
Oh, they could afford it. However, there are some (or a lot) that would be deeply offended that the proper deference was not shown to one of the holy relics. Seems like I read some apologetics from one of the pilgrims just a while ago.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, they could afford it. However, there are some (or a lot) that would be deeply offended that the proper deference was not shown to one of the holy relics. Seems like I read some apologetics from one of the pilgrims just a while ago.
Again, I'm sure they can afford the incidental expenses.
Kevlar vests, bodyguards, minefield around the estate...

You do something like that, you know what comes next.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Again, I'm sure they can afford the incidental expenses.
Kevlar vests, bodyguards, minefield around the estate...
Sure, whatever it takes to repel the infidels.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #26
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sure, whatever it takes to repel the infidels.
You should see the pillboxes I'm having installed on my front lawn.
I got a great deal from Sven's Security.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nkHGhs66Qc
Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Oops I forgot that Apple doesn't "do" new iPads in the same cycle as new iPhones, so I guess we just have to wait a bit longer But yes $299 for the iPod Touch 32gb doesn't leave much room for competitive pricing of a 7" iPad, if such is ever released.
Competitive pricing is not really Apple's modus operandi, and iPod Touch is not a replacement for a 7" screen or vice versa Try using a 7" device as the mp3 player you go running with. And iPod cannot run iPad apps. I think they can both co-exist.

I think a more likely scenario is that the mini replaces the iPad2, which they still sell.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have stopped reading my blogs and other RSS feeds on my iPad2 and use my Nexus 7 instead since it is more convenient to hold. So now I do not know what to use the iPad2 for...
In the US, you can trade an iPad 2 in to Amazon for a gift card; they will give $200-$400 for it, depending on the condition ($200=acceptable; $400 = like new; $350=good). (Those are 32 G prices).

It is really an awesome deal.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote