Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-T1 Can you turn off the dictionary

I don't need the dictionary function on my reader and it pops up every once and a while when I don't intend it to. Is there anyway to turn it off?
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Speckbo
Speckbo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Turn off dictionary

I have the same problem...did you ever find a solution?
Speckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm not aware that you can switch the dictionary off, but when it keeps popping up unrequested each time you swipe the page, you can put a stop to the unwanted behaviour by pressing the Home button then reopen the book again.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Dusty
Connoisseur
Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 300, T1
When you open the Dictionary by mistake click the return arrow to get out quickly and back to reading. It's the button to the right of Home.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thanks--I figured out how to close it but it sounds like there's no way to turn it off.
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert