Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Moon+ has the same feature.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Ha and actually Moon+ implements it (a little) better
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #33
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
One feature I like in aldiko is the ability to swipe your finger on the left hand side of the screen up or down in a book to adjust the brightness. That is SOO convenient. Still checking out Moon+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I like Alkido's brightness adjustment too and was going to ask if any other readers did it. For that matter, do any launchers do this? I'd love a quick way to adjust brightness for any app.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #34
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I like Alkido's brightness adjustment too and was going to ask if any other readers did it. For that matter, do any launchers do this? I'd love a quick way to adjust brightness for any app.
There are apps that adjust the brightness globally (not for specific apps). A couple are "AdjBrightness" and "Brightness Level". "Screen Filter" is an app that may be useful.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I tried Alkido and FBreader, but I still like the stock reader better. I don't like that I can't use my tags, but I don't like the way the books look in the other readers.

I don't want to buy Moon+ unless I think I will like it, so I am holding off for now.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I don't want to buy Moon+ unless I think I will like it, so I am holding off for now.
The free version of Moon+ has 99% of the features of the pro version, the only big feature missing being text-to-speech. You can definitely tell if you'll like it by using the free version.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #37
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
So Im trying to like Moon++.. but I still keep going back to Aldiko.
I noticed that unless I goto menu and exit the application, Moon+ stays running and eating battery the whole time. I dont notice that from Aldiko. I dont have any task killer program running so why does it keep running in the background.

And Im having a hell of a time getting the menu to open when reading a book in Moon+.. I tap the center of the screen and it just keeps turning the page. A bit frustrating. I like the page turning effects and the multiple display options.. but Im having trouble using the Moon+.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #38
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
The free version of Moon+ has 99% of the features of the pro version, the only big feature missing being text-to-speech. You can definitely tell if you'll like it by using the free version.
Thanks! I will try it out then.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #39
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

This is embarrassing, but I'm trying moon+ and can't find any preferences or settings.

When I'm out in the lists, Menu brings up a menu with "Continue Reading" through "Exit".

When I'm in a book, I have trouble getting out to the lists. When I use "Back" or "Menu", I get the cover image and "loading". I've gotten out to the lists with some button mashing trying to hit "back" twice. I've also rebooted the nook a couple of times doing this.

Is there some secret gesture?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #40
SCION
Séduisant

Within a book you need to tap the screen and the menu will appear at the bottom. The settings icon is the first one on the right. The first thing you need to do is disable full screen mode. The black screen at the bottom (time, battery, etc.) often overlays the app's menu. Go into "Miscellaneous" and uncheck "Full screen mode".

Be sure to read all the comments in this thread about Moon+. There are some good tips that will save you time and grief.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-01-26-1.png
Views:	358
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	65558  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #41
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
So Im trying to like Moon++.. but I still keep going back to Aldiko.
I noticed that unless I goto menu and exit the application, Moon+ stays running and eating battery the whole time. I dont notice that from Aldiko. I dont have any task killer program running so why does it keep running in the background.

And Im having a hell of a time getting the menu to open when reading a book in Moon+.. I tap the center of the screen and it just keeps turning the page. A bit frustrating. I like the page turning effects and the multiple display options.. but Im having trouble using the Moon+.
You gotta go back and read the comments and tips:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=17

I gave you a heads up on what you're experiencing with the page turning.

What do you mean it's eating battery? Isn't it common for Android apps to stay in the background like that until the system kills them? The only thing that should eat up battery is if the option in the app to keep screen awake is checked.

Last edited by SCION; 01-27-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #42
tlc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
Note that sometimes in full screen mode this menu will not appear, giving you no access to the settings. Well, to be precise it does appear, it just appears behind the notification bar at the bottom so it's inaccessible.

To fix this long enough to turn off full screen mode tap the middle while in a book to bring up the navigation bar at the top, then tap the button in the upper left with the name of the book. This will take you back to the shelf view. If you fat-finger the button the page will turn backward.. just keep trying (happens to me a lot!). Tap on the icon for one of your books and it will load. At this point tapping the middle will bring up the bottom menu correctly and you can tap the last icon to access the settings. Full screen mode is under 'Miscellaneous'.
THANK YOU!!! I hope this reader turns out to be worth the time I spent getting the menu to work.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #43
mfaine
Member Retired
mfaine began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I like the polish of the stock reader better so I sometimes find myself reverting. Moon+ Reader would be perfection if it integrated better with the NC. I know it can't be blamed as it wasn't really designed to work with the NC like the stock reader. It took me a while just to get it out of full screen mode so I could access the settings and while I do love it I'm still a bit frustrated with getting it just right.

For example, does anyone know how I can forgo themes altogether and just read it the way it is in the epub file. What is sometimes called "Publisher Defaults"? I'd also like to set this "no theme" to the default.
mfaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #44
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaine View Post
I like the polish of the stock reader better so I sometimes find myself reverting. Moon+ Reader would be perfection if it integrated better with the NC. I know it can't be blamed as it wasn't really designed to work with the NC like the stock reader. It took me a while just to get it out of full screen mode so I could access the settings and while I do love it I'm still a bit frustrated with getting it just right.

For example, does anyone know how I can forgo themes altogether and just read it the way it is in the epub file. What is sometimes called "Publisher Defaults"? I'd also like to set this "no theme" to the default.
I guess THE major drawback of using this app is no CSS (publisher defaults) recognition. Don't know why the developer chose to not recognize it.

I understand going back to the stock reader now and then. If B&N would implement all of what Moon+ offers, it would be a killer reader.

Last edited by SCION; 01-29-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #45
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I sent a feature request to Aldiko the other day to support syncing between devices and their reply was they were working on a syncing feature. This will be nice for those of us with multiple android devices.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote