Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
What do you use to clean your ereader?

My Cybook's screen is in a need of some cleaning. With something more than just a dry soft cloth. I've seens some wet tissues for LCD screens and I'm wondering if I can use those in my Cybook. I'm not sure if the Cybook's screen is real glass or plastic. Anyway, what do you use to clean your ereader? What substances are safe to use?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The outer screen is hard plastic. Microfibre cloths (sold to clean spectacles, camera lenses, etc) work beautifully.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
If you use some lens cleaner, (usually from a spray bottle), do not spray it directly on the screen. Instead, spray it on the microfiber cloth and then use the cloth to clean the screen.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I use a microfiber cloth I got with my iPod touch and I love it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

But my screen has some fingertips, that after trying to clean, just got spread (our natural skin grease). So I though maybe I need something more than a simple dry soft cloth to clean it (if it were just for dust, that would be enough).

There are wet tissues and sprays to clean LCD screens, and I just wonder if I can use it in my Cybook. Anyone has any idea?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post

But my screen has some fingertips, that after trying to clean, just got spread (our natural skin grease). So I though maybe I need something more than a simple dry soft cloth to clean it (if it were just for dust, that would be enough).

There are wet tissues and sprays to clean LCD screens, and I just wonder if I can use it in my Cybook. Anyone has any idea?
I get fingerprints on mine, but if you keep wiping with the microfiber they will go away.

Can you tell I'm scared of getting anything liquid on my device?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Over
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I get fingerprints on mine, but if you keep wiping with the microfiber they will go away.

Can you tell I'm scared of getting anything liquid on my device?
No more scared than me.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Spray a little liquid cleaner - or just plain water - on microfibre cloth, and clean with that. That advise came with my television, but it works well for all kinds of screens.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

That's the whole point of microfibre cloths - they work superbly with greasy stains.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
No more scared than me.
Last night I was reading AND doing my nails... at one point i saw that my finger smudges were accumulating too much ( since i use my thumb to turn pages) and with out thinking i sprinkled some acetone on the screen... AFTER what I did I had my heart in suspended motion while i was wiping and praying to all deities that it was alright. Well its fine and sparkly, it worked like a charm.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Last night I was reading AND doing my nails... at one point i saw that my finger smudges were accumulating too much ( since i use my thumb to turn pages) and with out thinking i sprinkled some acetone on the screen... AFTER what I did I had my heart in suspended motion while i was wiping and praying to all deities that it was alright. Well its fine and sparkly, it worked like a charm.
Well you need to be careful with that acetone. It reacts with plastic but not on glass. So if it worked well on your screen, then place or dab a little on a microfibre and wipe your screen well.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
I use computer screen wipes on my Sony screen, it comes up lovely and clean and it doesnt seem to do it any harm.

I have also used the cleaner for glasses too and that also works well.

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Spit and toilet paper!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #14
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I use the same as for my laptop. A soft cloth damp with very hot water from the kettle.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
A micrefibre cloth slightly dampened with water, or spectacle/eye-glasses cleansing fluid will usually dispose of fingerprints.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote