Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think the problem had to do with the order things got done when shutting down and restarted with WiFi active.
I have a few (leftovers) showing on my Laptop (My only W7 system)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #62
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I don't understand it quite well.... but I'm going to add it to my cleaning routine
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #63
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
From what I understand, it's not just using wi-fi that's the issue. It's sharing your PC's internet access via wi-fi (e.g. peer-to-peer) that creates the tunnel and improper shutdown or something like that which causes the tunnel to regenerate on boot (or perhaps it always generates on boot but it's just not getting deleted before shutdown).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #64
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, PC
No Problem other than

Excessive CPU usage when converting multiple books. Calibre for Windoze only uses about 3.4-5 G of memory. And I have 16 G; so it would work more efficiently if it were written for 64-bit systems.

I recently installed Linux Mint 64-bit, and am trying to run Calibre through that, but I cannot find my E-book directory, and I don't wish to duplicate it, for it has 12.75 G of books in it.

Nevertheless, there's nothing better than Calibre and a little time spent working with it to process books for 3 Kindle KB's, a Kindle Fire, and Kindle for PC. Love them all!
country0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by country0129 View Post
Excessive CPU usage when converting multiple books. Calibre for Windoze only uses about 3.4-5 G of memory. And I have 16 G; so it would work more efficiently if it were written for 64-bit systems.

I recently installed Linux Mint 64-bit, and am trying to run Calibre through that, but I cannot find my E-book directory, and I don't wish to duplicate it, for it has 12.75 G of books in it.

Nevertheless, there's nothing better than Calibre and a little time spent working with it to process books for 3 Kindle KB's, a Kindle Fire, and Kindle for PC. Love them all!
Dual boot (W<=>L) access is risky due to file (case) naming issues.

Can you see your Windows file system from Mint?

Search for: metadata.db That is in the main Library folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote