Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #46
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
I could have sworn I saw August announced as the release date earlier, but I guess I can wait a couple more months.
I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and it did say August, 2012. Oh well, I plan to reread The Passage anyway, and I've just acquired Guillermo del Toro's The Strain trilogy which looks pretty good.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #47
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and it did say August, 2012. Oh well, I plan to reread The Passage anyway, and I've just acquired Guillermo del Toro's The Strain trilogy which looks pretty good.
The Strain is good but it's more action-packed and cinematic. The Passage's writing is better, but if you go into The Strain expecting a fun action vampire movie in book form, you'll enjoy it. The Strain reads almost like a novelization of a Del Toro movie that doesn't exist.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #48
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Yep I originally saw August too but the new dates official I got it from Justin's Twitter feed he doesn't explain why the change There is an exclusive extract in this weeks Entertainment weekly featuring Alicia hopefully it will make its way online as we can't get EW down here. The new cover is nice
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #49
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Oh, yeah. This book was amazing. I listened to it on audio from the library. Isn't Ridley Scott doing the movie version?
Ridley Scott's company optioned the book, but it isn't clear yet whether he plans to direct a movie version of it himself, produce it while someone else (maybe Tony) directs, or develop it for TV. His company produced (or co-produced, can't remember) the Starz version of Pillars of the Earth. Personally, I think a TV miniseries on a premium channel would be a better fit for this book than a 2 hour movie adaptation.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:28 AM   #50
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a note that The Passage appears to be on sale downunder it's at Kobo and Borders for $4.99, I listened to it the first time round but am thinking of picking it up as an ebook to prepare for the sequel
Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #51
melmac
Wizard

Justin reads an extract from The Twelve

Unfortunately it's the same extract that's been circulating for a while and doesn't feature any previous characters.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #52
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
The Passage by Justin Cronin

Hi anyone read this book yet? I'm about a third of the way through and i'm pretty impressed with it... an epic on the new face of vampires.

any thoughts on this?
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I think there might already be a thread on this but I'm not sure.

I'm currently on my second read-through, getting ready for the second book next week. I agree, it's great. More of a literary take on vampires.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #54
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Here is one I started after the book first came out.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #55
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Here is one I started after the book first came out.
i think i have the omnibus...been reading it for a week lol
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #56
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
I read it. Thought the beginning was great - maybe the 1st 3rd to half (can't quite remember), then kinda shifts gears big time and I was less impressed after said shift.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #57
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I thought it was great all the way through.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #58
melmac
Wizard

I'm so excited about the sequel coming out next week!!!!

Last edited by melmac; 10-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #59
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This thread has been merged with the earlier (and more fully developed) discussion.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #60
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I thought it was great all the way through.
Ya, don't get me wrong. I didn't hate it after the shift. Felt kind of disappointed though, as I was really looking forward to see how it all played out at that point in time. Plus I was invested and then kinda 'poof', gone.

Once the final book is published maybe I will give the Passage another go directly followed up with the next 2.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote