Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kobobooks.com $2 coupon - exp Sept 14, 2010

There is a new Kobo discount coupon today to celebrate their release of the new Kobo Desktop app: Kobodesktop . I was only able to use it once this morning, but that was through their website. It may be possible to use the coupon more than once if you can purchase books through the new Kobo app.

Last edited by Zyzomys; 09-08-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Only seems to work on select books. I tried it for two different books I was interested in and it didn't work for either of them. Then I went back to an old thread and grabbed this link: http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Disco...m_medium=email. The books here do seem to work, so if you find something there, it may be a good deal.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I believe where the list price is not crossed out and "Our price" listed below it with a savings, Kobo cannot discount that book
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics

Quote:
I believe where the list price is not crossed out and "Our price" listed below it with a savings, Kobo cannot discount that book
I have no idea why the coupons work on some books but not on others. I purchased this book today and it is already discounted 21% and I was able to use the $2 coupon.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Hit or miss I guess. . .
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In the past, specific publishers were included or excluded. I have no idea of that is what is going on with this particular coupon.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzomys View Post
I have no idea why the coupons work on some books but not on others. I purchased this book today and it is already discounted 21% and I was able to use the $2 coupon.
OK I used some double (triple) negatives in my post. What I meant was: I think that some coupons can only be used with books that are already discounted. If they are not already discounted, then they are not discounatable and coupons won't apply.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics

Gotcha
Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Am I missing something? What is the code the you all are using?
desilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
"Kobodesktop" worked for $2 off on the new Dexter novel. Yay!!!!
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
"Kobodesktop" worked for $2 off on the new Dexter novel. Yay!!!!
Thanks!
desilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Unless something else is happening the only titles the coupon probably won't work on are those from Agency pubs. Part of the Agency deal is no discounting/coupons allowed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
That may be true in the version of the Kobo store you see in the US, but there is no agency pricing (yet) in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Unless something else is happening the only titles the coupon probably won't work on are those from Agency pubs. Part of the Agency deal is no discounting/coupons allowed.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote