Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
How Do I Push Metadata into a Book File?

I've got books that I've converted to EPUB, some of which I've since tweaked directly with Sigil, and now I'd like to update the metadata (individually and in bulk) for some of them.

Everything looks good in Calibre, but when I open the EPUBs with Sigil, the new metadata isn't there.

Is there any way to push the metadata into the EPUB files?
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
Everything looks good in Calibre, but when I open the EPUBs with Sigil, the new metadata isn't there.

Is there any way to push the metadata into the EPUB files?
Calibre adds metadata to books 1 of 3 ways.

1. Send to Disk feature. The metadata gets added when the book is sent to disk.
2. Send to Device(Folder) feature. The metadata gets added when the book is sent to the device.
3. Convert the book, even converting from epub to epub will add the metadata to the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert