Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Wings of Fantasy, A Box Set of Fantasy Books

Recently, it was suggested that I put together a compilation of books together. After thinking about a number of the authors I knew and considering what sort of theme I could come up with, an idea came to me. That idea grew wings, wings of fantasy . . . and that's the name of the book I came up with, Wings of Fantasy.

The theme of the book is winged creatures in fantasy: dragons, fairies, monsters and even a city with wings. The genre is fantasy with full length books and a couple of smaller stories from Indie Authors who have been self-publishing their books for the last few years.

Each of these authors, myself included, has written and published a number of books that have caught the attention of readers worldwide. I invite you to explore the Wings of Fantasy and find exciting authors to discover.

Apple
Smashwords
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Wings of Fantasy is a compilation of books written by four of the Indie World’s brightest upcoming fantasy authors. Let your imagination soar as you read extraordinary stories of dragons and other fantastic creatures of myth and magic.

Rojuun, a novel by John H. Carroll
Book 1 of The Willden Trilogy. Rumors are spreading about a new race called Rojuun. They appeared from the depths of the mountains eight hundred years ago with the intention of taking over the world. Tathan of the Shadows has been charged with learning more about them. However, he must learn more about his very unusual companions before he can succeed.

Fireblood, a novel by M. A. Nilles
Magic is everything to a priest or priestess, inherited by the descendants of the Creators. Over time, Ayali's abilities have weakened, threatening to expose her tribe to the power of the darkness befalling their lands. Beneath the pressures of her family and tribe, Ayali turns down a dark path. She must face the shadows within her before it consumes their world and destroys her life.

Nature Abhors a Vacuum, a novel by Stephen L. Nowland
Aiden Wainwright was the son of a wagon maker in a small country town where nothing interesting ever happened, until a chance encounter with a strange relic changed him forever. His resourcefulness and courage are put to the test when he travels to a nearby town and finds the place on the brink of disaster. Aiden must marshal his limited resources to aid the town and uncover the villains.

Soul Bonds, a novel by E.M. Sinclair
A young slave girl flees from the Lord who owns her, choosing to die in the mountains rather than become one of his 'pretties'. When that death seems all too likely, she is found by one of the Dragon Kindred and Tika's life takes a twist she could never have imagined in her wildest dreams - or her worst nightmares.

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-21-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: added links
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I hope I haven't missed something (always a possibility with me), but where can I find this anthology, John? I couldn't find a mention in the post.

EDIT: Found it at Smashwords (should have looked there first).

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/470530

Last edited by cromag; 09-05-2014 at 11:51 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suppose links would have helped. They are added to the original post now. Thank you, cromag.

I plan to publish it to Amazon soon. I'll add the link as soon as I do.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It showed as being a pre-order (for Sept. 5th 2014) when I clicked on it a bit ago and it's now Sept. 6th and no sign of it showing up as yet. Is Kobo located somewhere west of the US Midwest?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
John Carroll
kookoo

Hi crich70.

I'm afraid the files might not have gotten to them quick enough. It will be there in a few days though.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
Hi crich70.

I'm afraid the files might not have gotten to them quick enough. It will be there in a few days though.
Ah ok. Makes sense. Life is full of situations where things don't go quite as planned.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo is still stuck in pre-order.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what the deal is, but Kobo is taking much, much longer than usual to get things from Smashwords.

Itunes and B&N (and Smashwords itself, obviously) don't seem to be having any problems.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I don't know what the deal is, but Kobo is taking much, much longer than usual to get things from Smashwords.

Itunes and B&N (and Smashwords itself, obviously) don't seem to be having any problems.
It is puzzling. I wonder if somehow the available date got messed up or something.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
John Carroll
kookoo

I truly apologize for this. I rushed and put too short of a timeline on this pre-order and I don't think Kobo was able to process it in that time. Kobo is an excellent company that is expanding internationally at a phenomenal rate, but perhaps they're still struggling to take the extra steps to reach the efficiency of the other online stores. I've taken steps to try to get it there soon.

Once again, I apologize for the delay.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I don't blame you for an accident John. I've never pre-ordered from them before so I don't know much about how often they do/don't have such problems.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:51 AM   #12
cromag

Kobo was months late getting one of mine up. One email to Smashwords solved the problem. I got a commitment from Smashwords to address the problem the next day, and Kobo had it up in two more days.

Assuming you're distributing through SW, you might email them. No real reason it should take that much longer at Kobo when Barnes & Noble had no trouble.

Anyway, I picked it up at Smashwords.

Last edited by cromag; 09-16-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #13
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Thanks. I picked it up at B&N.

I'd like to find more authors like these and what I posted here about SF seems to go double for fantasy. Do you have any favorite places to find new books, particularly if I can weed out the "sexy vampires doing it with werewolves" subgenre?
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:49 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Kobo was months late getting one of mine up. One email to Smashwords solved the problem. I got a commitment from Smashwords to address the problem the next day, and Kobo had it up in two more days.

Assuming you're distributing through SW, you might email them. No real reason it should take that much longer at Kobo when Barnes & Noble had no trouble.

Anyway, I picked it up at Smashwords.
I just sent Kobo an email inquiry as to what is up. Don't know if John Carroll has had the time to email anyone but I figured an email from a customer couldn't hurt anything either. I mean it's been 13 days since its release date already. I made mention of the fact that it's available at Apple, Smashwords & B&N and asked them when it might actually be accessible at Kobo.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #15
John Carroll
kookoo

Okay, so what I haven't told any of you because it was top secret, is that the compilation was to be featured in a special promotion on Apple iTunes store, right as the iPhone 6 and iOS8 (which now includes iBooks as a standard feature) are being released. http://tw.apple.com/bookbundles There are a lot of box sets for $.99 over the next month.

This promotion is why the release date is rushed and why I didn't have time to do a better release date for the preorder. There's a post at the Smashwords blog about the promotion, but I think I've reached the limits of what I can link. I believe the book bundle link is valid in this post, but that's it.

crich70, I did tell Mark that the book is still stuck in pre-order at Kobo. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I appreciate you contacting them, and I will continue to stay on top of it too.

Tags
box set, compilation, dragons, fairies, fantasy