Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
Sony PRS-T3S

If anyone is interested Amazon UK are selling the Sony PRS-T3S for £74.02!
this is the model without the cover,Just a backplate so you use your own case etc., looks like it's of German origin due to some words on amazon's listing here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FJ5PTN...=idealocouk-21 , available on prime so I ordered one, seems reasonable at this price.
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Cheers Old Haggis. Have been hoping this version would become available in the UK.
Have placed my order.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

your welcome
Old 03-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Interesting ........

By the way, I love my new T3.....I feel so sophisticated with my wondrous white version .... very Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers .......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #5
oldhaggis
Enthusiast

Received it yesterday, very very impressed! the lightest reader I've owned and I have a few. Because I bought the cheaper T3S version, I purchased the lighted cover so it worked out about the same price as normal version with standard cover. I had read the goodereader review of this, all I can say is, in a dark room the light displays the whole screen,it's crisp and gives a more natural reading experience than my slightly heavier kindle pw1. I bought this for access to my library and Sony do this really well,integrated into the reader a quick sign in, and a book borrowed! it's very quick and responsive,no lags or re-starts yet,slight touch is all that's required for page turns or I can push a shiny button!
off now to the garden,lot's to read!
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Received mine on Thursday too. Love it already,so easy to set up.
So light compared to my beloved Prs 300. I really thought I'd forgotten to put something in my bag the difference is that much.
Have just ordered the lighted case, wanted to wait until I'd got the reader to see if it was a keeper.

Thanks again Oldhaggis for the heads up.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
oldhaggis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Interesting ........

By the way, I love my new T3.....I feel so sophisticated with my wondrous white version .... very Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers .......
I considered the white model,but wondered if over time it would fade.The Black does a good Job of covering everyday life up!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:43 AM   #8
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Just purchased one via the online Sony shop last night. Free postage, AU $149
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #9
Nefertum
Nefertum began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
I would like to ask how were you satisfied with the purchase of that, probably german, reader?
Nefertum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Why do you think it's German Nefertum? Sony released the S version in Canada too. It's not German. Just because the S came out in Germany first doesn't mean all subsequent release locations are German build.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #11
Polarpenguin
Groupie

@Shopaholic Amazon UK are selling them via a German seller, so shipped from Germany, though not German built.

@Nefertum I'm very satisfied by my purchase . Would recommend if looking for a new reader.

Bought my lighted cover from Pixmania as was slightly cheaper than Amazon. They're a French company, so my reader is truly continental!!