Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
mrcardholder
mrcardholder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Kindle Tanks

Hi everybody!
I've developed Amazon Kindle 5 homebrew game
You can play game here: http://tanks.grandgameportal.ru/
To play the game with your Kindle device open this link in its web browser.
Game progress will be saved even if you close the browser.
You receive medals for successfully completed levels which are displayed in game main menu at any time.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdcGPYQ8p8

I will be happy to see your feedback and hope you enjoy it

Thanks in advance!
mrcardholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardholder View Post
Hi everybody!
I've developed Amazon Kindle 5 homebrew game
You can play game here: http://tanks.grandgameportal.ru/
To play the game with your Kindle device open this link in its web browser.
Game progress will be saved even if you close the browser.
You receive medals for successfully completed levels which are displayed in game main menu at any time.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdcGPYQ8p8

I will be happy to see your feedback and hope you enjoy it

Thanks in advance!
The video shows what is known as a "Kindle 4 - Black" (K4 or K4B) on this web site.

Have you released the source code under an "Open Source License"?

Last edited by knc1; 08-06-2013 at 05:43 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
mrcardholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The video shows what is known as a "Kindle 4 - Black" (K4 or K4B) on this web site.

Have you released the source code under an "Open Source License"?
Ok thanks.
Nope I havent. I made it just for fun and the code is not obfuscated so you can easily view it.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
"Kindle Tanks - The world's first game for Amazon Kindle 5"
Actually I beg to differ. But a fun game nevertheless.

Would be interested to see this run natively ( I checked out the game.js and sprite.js and embedded background in the .css)
Anyways. Fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_504.png
Views:	292
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	109007  

Last edited by twobob; 08-06-2013 at 09:54 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
mrcardholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
"Kindle Tanks - The world's first game for Amazon Kindle 5"
Actually I beg to differ. But a fun game nevertheless.
Thank you! Do you know any other Kindle 5 games? Because as I know there is no official opportunity to execute any apps on this device using original firmware
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please stop calling it a "Kindle 5". The K5 is the device that Amazon sold as the "Kindle Touch".

There are numerous apps available for Kindles. Look on "Amazon.com". (They're only sold in the US)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! Do you know any other Kindle 5 games? Because as I know there is no official opportunity to execute any apps on this device using original firmware
Indeed. But there are a raft of kindlet games. And these all have touch versions. (I have like 6 or 7 on a few of the devices for the kids)

Those are as "native" as you are going to get.

Secondarily, there are a bunch of WAF's out there that were specifically written for the touch devices.

Thirdly, assuming we are allowed to include "custom booted" games, there are a bunch of GTK offerings... including minesweeper, etc etc.

Finally: Since your game is played "online" every other game that was playable "online" predates your game. And that's a Biiiiig list.

So yeah, I wasn't trying to be difficult, and I even like the game but to say it is "The first Kindle 5 game" is waaay wrong. (or "Kindle Touch" even)

Me and knc1 were fiddling with these things months and months ago.
Nice game by the way.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
(They're only sold in the US)
I still can't get why...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I still can't get why...
hmm yeah... when they released the APP store for the FIRE in europe I thought they might sort it out... but no.

I kind of vaguely recall reading some justification for it (months ago) but forget the thrust of the article.

IIRC it was something about "take-up" not being all they had hoped for.
Oh oh... I feel a rant about tax-evasion coming on
*stops now*
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
mrcardholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please stop calling it a "Kindle 5". The K5 is the device that Amazon sold as the "Kindle Touch".

There are numerous apps available for Kindles. Look on "Amazon.com". (They're only sold in the US)
This is the fifth generation of Kindle with special offers, but sure if you want I will stop calling it like this. I can't find any games for this device on Amazon.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
This is the fifth generation of Kindle with special offers, but sure if you want I will stop calling it like this. I can't find any games for this device on Amazon.
Ah, just got lost in translation I suppose.

That "Fifth Generation" phrase is a marketing term.

View your: settings -> device info,
take note of the first four characters of your serial number.
This is a technical forum, so that is what we go by and it is also what the firmware goes by (the decode of the serial number).

Our crib sheet to the common names used here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
(scroll down a bit to see the table)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
mrcardholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah, just got lost in translation I suppose.

That "Fifth Generation" phrase is a marketing term.

View your: settings -> device info,
take note of the first four characters of your serial number.
This is a technical forum, so that is what we go by and it is also what the firmware goes by (the decode of the serial number).

Our crib sheet to the common names used here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
(scroll down a bit to see the table)
What a surprise. Thanks a lot for this clarification
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... and here is a list of "native" (as in: Kindlet) Kindle apps, including games: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindlet_Index

... and a whole bunch of games are included in this package as well: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185562
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #14
mrcardholder

I think I should explain why I called this device Kindle 5 by a mistake. Here in Russia you can only get this device from illegal resellers. And they all calls it Kindle 5. So we have two fifth generation Kindles here - Kindle 5 (which is actually Kindle 4 black) and Kindle Paperwhite. Sorry for this misunderstanding
Thank you all for your feedback, I changed youtube video description.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No problem .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online games for kindle