Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
fleon
fleon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Changing Title & Author in LRF?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't notice it.

I've got some LRF files that I converted from LIT files. Is there any way now to alter the Title and Author properties?

Thanks!
fleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net has a lrf-meta command.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
pluber
pluber began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I've tried to use this tool, but I receive errors with every book I've tried. It always outputs:

L:\Public\Books>lrf-meta Walden.lrf
Classification: 声
Creator: makelrf v0.3
FreeText: This book was generated by a preliminary version of makelrf.
Category: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\Scripts\lrf-meta-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('libprs500==0.3.2', 'console_scripts', 'lrf-meta')()
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/lrf/meta.py", line 537, in main
File "C:\Python25\lib\encodings\cp437.py", line 12, in encode
return codecs.charmap_encode(input,errors,encoding_map)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 1-2: character maps to <undefined>

Your mileage may vary.
pluber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Send me the lrf file on which it fails and I will fix it. You can attach the file to a forum post.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
pluber

Actually, I've only spent an hour looking into it, and I now believe that it might be how they were created. I'm going to try and continue experiementing. I've attached the file as requested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Walden.zip (372.6 KB, 392 views)
Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It was a windows specific bug. Fixed in 0.3.3.
easy_install -U libprs500
Old 01-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
pluber

Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas in January! Works like a champ!

Thanks so much!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:29 AM   #8
fleon
fleon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
http://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net has a lrf-meta command.
Could you post the file in the forum? I'm in Brazil right now, and my internet just hangs on some sites for some reason.

Thanks for the info, btw.
fleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It requires python 2.5. So you'll have to download that as well. You'll also need the installation instructions from libprs500.kovidgoyal.net