Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Need a favor for a noob

I just recently reported a request to remove a user's email from one of his posts, to keep spam away from his email, since he cannot edit his own, as he is new.

should I have requested this for him? Or should he put in a request?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I just recently reported a request to remove a user's email from one of his posts, to keep spam away from his email, since he cannot edit his own, as he is new.
should I have requested this for him? Or should he put in a request?
I should mention that his intent was to remove the email as soon as I sent him the link. which i did.
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
qlob, you are quite thoughtful!

Of course a moderator could do the change, but the user would probably have to request it themself.

This is what I suggest....
Although the member may be new, I would recommend them to learn to edit the post. It is useful to be able to know how to edit a post and good for them to learn. Below is how. (Feel free to link to this post if needed).

The user that created the post clicks on the button which will be to the left of the button in the relevant post.

The user then can delete or change anything that they like. Finally, press the "Save" button to save the changes.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
qlob
Official Lurker

I was thinking of that, but he cannot edit the post since he has less than 10 posts.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
but he cannot edit the post since he has less than 10 posts.
Really? I didn't know that.

But he can use the report button (the exclamation mark right next to the karma button) and ask a moderator to delete the email address.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
You can click the exclamation mark button in the lower left part of each post, and then write "This user accidentally posted his email in the post, could someone please remove it so he doesn't receive spam?", which the admins will then take care of!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
You can click the exclamation mark button in the lower left part of each post, and then write "This user accidentally posted his email in the post, could someone please remove it so he doesn't receive spam?", which the admins will then take care of!
Did that earlier, has been removed now.