Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #661
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Would it be possible to add "Add Author to list" ... That way you can have lists with favorite authors or just authors you want to read more of.
FYI, kiwidude isn't doing active development on his plugins these days. So new features are unlikely.

Plus, you can easily do what you asked by doing Similar Books->Books by the same Author (Alt-A by default), select all (Ctrl-A) and then add to list.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #662
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's been a calibre change (in 2.10) that requires changes to some of the plugins to correctly support keyboard shortcuts. Specifically, plugins that change their menus dynamically.

I've been in touch with kiwidude, he doesn't have time right now to work on correcting these issues. But he has given the go-ahead for us (the PI dev community) to update them.

Attached is a version of Reading List I've updated. I've done some testing with it on calibre 2.10, 2.9 and 1.48 and it seems good. I'd like to hear if anybody has problems with it.

Confirmation that it fixes the shortcut issue for you would also be appreciated.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-19-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #663
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The plugin works but I have been able to having it working the first time, when I've switched to the library again, the shortcuts appear but do nothing.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-16-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #664
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The plugin works but I have been able to having it working the first time, when I've switched to the library again, the shortcuts appear but do nothing.
Forget this like a Sunday mistake Yes, it works even after going back to the library.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #665
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Forget this like a Sunday mistake Yes, it works even after going back to the library.
Thanks for the update.
Advert
Old 11-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #666
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I have been using Calibre and the 'reading list' for last few years with a kindle 4, but have recently got a kindle paperwhite.

I connected the paperwhite and thought that all books in the 'reading list' would be sent to the paperwhite - but nothing happened.

What do I need to do to get the books to automatically be sent to the paperwhite when I connect it to my laptop/Calibre?

Thanks
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #667
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You need to configure the list properly.

I assume the list has the sync options set to send to the Kindle 4. You need to change that to send to the PaperWhite. Or to send to all devices..
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #668
vedri
vedri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
How to show Reading List in sidebar?

Guys and girls hi.

So i have just installed plugin Reading List, its really amazing but i would like to show created lists in sidebar (where the tags, authors, ratings etc etc are)

Is that even possible?

Thanks for the time!
vedri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #669
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedri View Post
Guys and girls hi.

So i have just installed plugin Reading List, its really amazing but i would like to show created lists in sidebar (where the tags, authors, ratings etc etc are)

Is that even possible?

Thanks for the time!
@vedri - I've sometimes wished for the same but I've never found a direct way to do it. Here's one way I've thought of doing it.

If you had an RL Tags custom column, that was populated with RL Names via the process of adding and removing books to an RL (via the RL Column Update Option settings), then you could set up a Saved Search for each RL Tag value.

Why use a Saved Search and not just the RL Tags column? The latter would allow you to shoot your self in the foot, by dragging a book to the RL Tag you might assume that would add the book in the list - which it wouldn't. So I would Hide the RL Tags entry in the side bar (its a right click option on the classification name - eg Authors, Tags etc).

Saved Searches will show in the Side bar, but you can't arbitrarily add things to a Saved Search thus you won't shoot anyone in the foot.

Remember Reading Lists are Arbitrary

Quote:
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-22-2014 at 10:56 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #670
vedri
vedri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@vedri - I've sometimes wished for the same but I've never found a direct way to do it. Here's one way I've thought of doing it.

If you had an RL Tags custom column, that was populated with RL Names via the process of adding and removing books to an RL (via the RL Column Update Option settings), then you could set up a Saved Search for each RL Tag value.

Why use a Saved Search and not just the RL Tags column? The latter would allow you to shoot your self in the foot, by dragging a book to the RL Tag you might assume that would add the book in the list - which it wouldn't. So I would Hide the RL Tags entry in the side bar (its a right click option on the classification name - eg Authors, Tags etc).

Saved Searches will show in the Side bar, but you can't arbitrarily add things to a Saved Search thus you won't shoot anyone in the foot.

BR
Thank you very much i followed your advice and am very happy with this setting!

Thanks!
vedri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #671
calibreadmirer
calibreadmirer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
What an elegant solution! I am happy too - thanks
calibreadmirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #672
Kraftwerk
Zealot

My 'reading list' has suddenly disappeared.
I have no books in my reading list at all.
Any idea what has happened and if I can them back?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #673
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
My 'reading list' has suddenly disappeared.
I have no books in my reading list at all.
Any idea what has happened and if I can them back?
That's a bit vague. The list is gone? Or the list is there, but the contents are gone?

My first suspect would that you switched libraries or are viewing a virtual library that doesn't include the books in the list.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #674
Kraftwerk
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's a bit vague. The list is gone? Or the list is there, but the contents are gone?

My first suspect would that you switched libraries or are viewing a virtual library that doesn't include the books in the list.
The 'reading list' plugin is installed but it says:

There is 'nought' books in my list.

'Clear this list after a sync to this device' was ticked - could this be the problem?

I can't remember if this was ticked before or not

I have all books that were in my 'reading list' on my kindle, so is there a way (if I can't my list back) of getting the books on my kindle to create the list and put them back into my 'reading list'? (does that make sense?)

Last edited by Kraftwerk; 01-20-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #675
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try making a new list of type Auto Populated from books on device. Optionally define a custom column and specify that in the Column to update and specify Update column for add or remove in the When changing this list field along with a value in the Value in column to add/remove field.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote