Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
sachinwalia
Connoisseur
sachinwalia began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle SO
PRS 650 releasing on 09/16

As per sonytyle.com PRS 650 and 350 are releasing on or before 09/16. The date is visible at checkout. I hope it is available on sonyrewards.com as I have so many points that'll go waste. I've still ordered Kindle in case if it is not available on sonyrewards. There is no way I am going to pay $200+ for a reader in cash.
sachinwalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
So much for available immediately
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwalia View Post
As per sonytyle.com PRS 650 and 350 are releasing on or before 09/16. The date is visible at checkout. I hope it is available on sonyrewards.com as I have so many points that'll go waste. I've still ordered Kindle in case if it is not available on sonyrewards. There is no way I am going to pay $200+ for a reader in cash.
That has been there from day one and has been discussed in several threads. That is not new information. However, once you order via SonyStyle you get a ship date, which in my case is bogus because it still shows the estimated shipping date as 09/03/2010. Since it hasn't shipped, the date is obviously wrong since it is now 09/08/2010. When I placed my order I had to finish up the order via phone as the SonyStyle website couldn't get the order to go through. I was told over the phone to expect a ship date of 09/19/2010. Others have been told different dates by SonyStyle and/or individual stores. I really don't expect it to ship until at least 09/16/2010.

Last year I signed up for all three email notifications that were supposed to be sent out when the 300, 600, and 900 were available for shipping. I never received any of those emails. So I don't expect to receive the ones for the 350 and 650 either. Sony is kind of weird in the way they deal with customers, whereas some companies bend over backwards to keep customers informed and happy, Sony doesn't seem to do this.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-08-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwalia View Post
I hope it is available on sonyrewards.com as I have so many points that'll go waste.
sachinwalia--If the readers aren't available at sony rewards, as long as you have enough reward points, you can redeem your rewards for sony style gift certificates that you can use at the Sony Stores and at Sonystyle.com.

Also, if you have a Sony Rewards Visa Card, you can use that to purchase anything at the Sony Stores (I *think* this will also work at Sonystyle.com) and then turn in a copy of your receipt for a credit to your credit card.

That's what we did when my hubby wanted a 900 before they were available at Sony Rewards. It probably took about three weeks or so for the credit to show up on our Visa card.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Also, if you have a Sony Rewards Visa Card, you can use that to purchase anything at the Sony Stores (I *think* this will also work at Sonystyle.com) and then turn in a copy of your receipt for a credit to your credit card.
Where do you "turn in a copy" of the receipt? Do you mail it to Sony?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Where do you "turn in a copy" of the receipt? Do you mail it to Sony?
Yup--when you've logged on to your account at the Sony Rewards website, click on the "your account" link. Then click on the link for "View Purchase Credit Form". There's a form for you to fill out and print and an address where you can send the form and a copy of your receipt to to get the credit.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
sachinwalia
Connoisseur
sachinwalia began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle SO
Thanks guys. Right now I am going for k3. I'll see if and when Sony is available. If not I'll stick with k3.
sachinwalia is offline   Reply With Quote