Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Usability of the journal?

I've seen a few screen shots posted of pages from the Edge's journal. Typically the writing is very large with only about three words across the page. Is this pretty much the useful limit? It seems that a journal that can opnly do about 30 words per page is somewhat cumbersome.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
The writing surface measures 5.5"x8", and you write as small as you want. Mind you, you'll need a Wacom penabled pen to write legibly and comfortably with small letters since the included stylus is "tiny". You'd get maybe 10-12 words per line I think if you write as small as possible.

What you see in videos are people just scribbling to show you can write something. It doesn't depict actual usage.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
Spinningmind
Super Elite Textographer
Spinningmind began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
l

I only use the handwriting ability of the journal for brainstorming, outlines, lists, and drawings but it works quite well for those.

One other way I've found it to be useful is to attach a keyboard and open up the note pad or WordToGo on the color screen to type the main body of my notes and then scribble down any diagrams and formulas that I need on the eink journal. Later I can save the journal and then paste the drawings into the notes.
Spinningmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningmind View Post
I only use the handwriting ability of the journal for brainstorming, outlines, lists, and drawings but it works quite well for those.

One other way I've found it to be useful is to attach a keyboard and open up the note pad or WordToGo on the color screen to type the main body of my notes and then scribble down any diagrams and formulas that I need on the eink journal. Later I can save the journal and then paste the drawings into the notes.
A more integrated method of doing this would be nice....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote